Latest lot of knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Guys....

Just thought i'd show a few i've made since the start of the month.

Hope you like them.

Mora No2 clone, 3.5mm RWL-34 with rippled maple over black liners.

Hill Hunter model in bjorkmann twist damasteel, dressed in for kitchen duty in pink liners and corian scales. ( by request, not choice i might add :D)

Next is knife made to commission. Its an SPB1+ with a wider blade. 4mm RWL-34, Cocobolo scales over black liners.

Couple of SPB1+'s
Top one is in 4mm 12C27 stainless, with walnut handle
Bottom is in 4mm 01, with black G10 over orange G10 liners.

And a new Bowie project just started. This is a gift for Rachaels dad for his birthday and retirement last year. Gave him a free commission.. " can i have a bowie"/......... me... "yeah, no probs".........him... " ill have one of those then.... http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1010180-Maximus-Bowie-by-Samuel-Lurquin

Cheers Steve.......:tapedshut

Here it is so far.... Only rough shaped, still got work to do in the choil.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those are all tasty, Mark, but that top one is a real beaut with the fabulous Maple handle........such a lovely timber when you get a nice figured bit like that........atb mac

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I just love that Mora No.2 clone: beautifully functional and with that stunning maple handle! Really, really lovely. I am sorely tempted but I must resist... I must... try...

Oh hell!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
bloody hell mate you've been busy !!

lovely knives as always, i like the wider bladed one, that looks the mutts !

Cheers Robbi :)

Those are all tasty, Mark, but that top one is a real beaut with the fabulous Maple handle........such a lovely timber when you get a nice figured bit like that........atb mac

Cheers Mac :) I have a bit more of that maple.... :D

the bowies going to be a hell of a knife! :)

Thanks Andy. Not looking forward to grinding the bugger though :D

Lovely work Mark as always. Love the cocobolo scaled one, it reminds me of my first set of nunchuks.

Thanks mate :)

Oh wow seriously lovely work there . I can only hope to make knives like this one day .
Lots of practice mate... tis the only way. :) Thanks :)

Mark, we need a thread on Bowie progress!

I'll sort something mate... its not gonna be a quick project... just bits done here and there.

I just love that Mora No.2 clone: beautifully functional and with that stunning maple handle! Really, really lovely. I am sorely tempted but I must resist... I must... try...

Oh hell!

:D Cheers mate :)

beautiful stuff Mark, that bowie looks like a beastly zombie chopper

Thanks Hamish :)

Very nice as usual Mark. Looking forward to seeing the finished Bowie.

Cheers mate :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
P1030382_1024x768_zpsca05689b.jpg

I like this one. Keep pondering whether to get an RWL 34 similiar to this....Very Impressive. :You_Rock_

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hooooweeeeee dat's some seriously pretty cutlery there Mark. As British Red said that Bowie's got to be have a WIP thread of it's own. Last Year Toby of TPknives bought some big piece of tool steel to make himself an insane Bowie knife. I haven't been back to his workshop this year to see how he's progressed.

My HillBill knife is sat in the drawer of my desk right now. I gave it a stropping last weekend and didn't want to put it back in the camping kit bag again. Having it close by feels... nice.

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
P1030382_1024x768_zpsca05689b.jpg

I like this one. Keep pondering whether to get an RWL 34 similiar to this....Very Impressive. :You_Rock_

Some really nice work as always.
How is the sheath retention with that blade only sheath, if I may ask?

Cheers Niels. Its a tight friction fit mate. 3mm welt with 4mm thick steel. Then the handle pushes against the back panel making the fit tighter, then when your belt is through the loop, it makes it tighter still. I didn't realise how well these worked until i made one for the kephart knife. But they do work very well indeed. :)

I realy like the mora aswell :D Fantastic work!

Ed

Thanks Ed :)

WOW! That Mora clone is definitely my kind of knife! Just beautiful! Well done Sir.

Cheers mate :)

Hooooweeeeee dat's some seriously pretty cutlery there Mark. As British Red said that Bowie's got to be have a WIP thread of it's own. Last Year Toby of TPknives bought some big piece of tool steel to make himself an insane Bowie knife. I haven't been back to his workshop this year to see how he's progressed.

My HillBill knife is sat in the drawer of my desk right now. I gave it a stropping last weekend and didn't want to put it back in the camping kit bag again. Having it close by feels... nice.

Cheers Aaron. :)
The bowie will get its own thread. Might make it my comp knife like the last Bowie i did. :)

love mora clone looks a nice usable knife:)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Cheers Aaron. :)
The bowie will get its own thread. Might make it my comp knife like the last Bowie i did. :)

Comp knife? COMP KNIFE?!! Oooh ooh looking forward to trying to win that prize then! So what's the question? Eh? EH? Make it easy but something only I know the answer for, PLEASE! Thanks, good buddy, chum, pal.

Please note how I deliberately misunderstood your comment and twisted it to my own greedy ends :lmao: Perhaps I should consider a political career with this skill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE