Latest knife, a little bit different

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I thought I'd try something a bit different for my latest knife. I know it looks very chunky but it actually feels quite nice in the hands. I'd be happy to hear any comments on what people think. Cheers
Heath

41.jpg

42edit.jpg

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I might have turned it the other way round. My hands are larger at the 1st finger and thumb than at the little finger. But, maybe that's just me.

Yeah I know what you mean, that would spoil the look though. I guess there might be a bit of a trade off between looks and function. Though having said that it's not uncomfortable in the hand. Maybe I should test it out a bit with some carving.

Thanks for your comment
Heath

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Nice job, fellah; though I think you may end up chamfering off that point on the handle.

I too, prefer the chunkier type of handle on all of my re-handle jobs.

Some ,would find them extreme, but it suits me, just as long as I have a good indent for the outer edge of my palm and the little finger .

Nice stacking work.

Ceeg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
One of the most comfortable knives I own is one of Singeblisters oddly shaped masterpieces with a handle like an awl! In the hand though its just a joy to hold - I'm a devotee of the small sharp blade on a hand filling handle - lovely work!

Red

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Knives are a very personal thing IMHO. I tried one at a welsh meet that looked bizarre and was extremely comfortable. Mine is not the prettiest but I can use it for hours on end. If yours fits you and is comfy - it's perfect. I think it looks nice too.

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
One of the most comfortable knives I own is one of Singeblisters oddly shaped masterpieces with a handle like an awl! In the hand though its just a joy to hold - I'm a devotee of the small sharp blade on a hand filling handle - lovely work!

Red

would you be so kind as to put a photo of this knife up?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Knives are a very personal thing IMHO. I tried one at a welsh meet that looked bizarre and was extremely comfortable. Mine is not the prettiest but I can use it for hours on end. If yours fits you and is comfy - it's perfect. I think it looks nice too.

Was that the curly Buffalo Horn Rich? Yeah, liked that myself!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'd like to see this

Knife

742016670_d8367f68ae.jpg

742016696_c4c75e9676.jpg

Sheath

742016460_4e68e64d7e.jpg

742016716_f6238be3e7.jpg

742016446_2b20881108.jpg

A strangely shaped knife but John's usual fantastic finish. Cuts like a scalpel. Stunning small knife for wood and game. Doesn't look remotely scary on the hip but really punchesy above its weight.

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE