large camp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
yeah but which couple?

i see there's a documentary on national geographic channel featuring the junglas commando units after which the son of rtakII was named. it's repeated at 04:30 tomorrow.

cheers, and.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Many thanks so far guys. My list is shortening down, I am thinking along the lines of the:

Ontario RTAK II
Becker survival (BK9)
Ka-Bar Adventure Potbelly
An Leuku with a convex grind
FYGT XL Nessy with a convex grind?
Falkkniven A2 (even if it is at the top of the price scale for me, i think it is worth a look cause I like the F1)
or possibly the Hoodlum

but I have only seen the Buck stuff about it, does anyone out there use it if so what is it like. here in the UK I can not find a stockist so far so I may have to go to the source, but it looks a very interesting blade.
The Jungulas is a bit out of of my price scale to get it in the UK although it does look a good blade

Thank you for the info so far guys, and more input is greatly appreciated.

320ccc

Jan 25, 2012
USA
i've used the first three knives on your list and they all were satisfactory.

the MOD knife is about perfect for what you envision.

being somewhat frugal and knowing that i was going to abuse the thing i picked three surplus (US) machetes.

i cut two down to 12 inches and reground them to look like the rtak. they turned out to be perfectly adequate.

the third i cut to nine inches. i use this one the most. it rides in a sheath with a pair of fence pliers and does everything i've needed it to.

the extra nine inches of blade made a pretty fair sheath knife.

when you finally decide pick the one YOU want and make sure it's the tool YOU need.

good luck.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
IMG-20120123-00133.jpg

Could you give me some info on this one please Jonny? I really rather like the blade shape on it

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE