laplander mod question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
just wondering if anyone has tried putting a new handle/scales on a laplander or if its even possible. mines beginning to look a bit tatty but the blade is still top notch. i know they're cheap enough to buy a new one but im a 'make do and mend' kinda guy and think it would look great with a proper set of scales/handle on them. just don't want to pull it apart to find i cant do anything with it

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't own a laplander but I have modded a similar folding saw (Not the battery powered reciprocating kind. :lmao:)

If you're handy with tools it's not too much of a struggle. You'll notice I used the locking latch on the wooden handle of mine. Now my saw is slimmer and feels a lot stronger now. Hope this gives you some ideas. I used an old fork handle as the doner handle.

Good luck and be sure to show your results.

Foldingsaw1.jpg

Foldingsaw2.jpg

Foldingsaw3.jpg

Foldingsaw4.jpg

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I too would love to put some wood scales on my laplander. I just don't know what's under those rubber scales that it has now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE