Land Rovers - Top Kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Latest pic. I have, although it's now a hardtop and in serious need of a clutch.

20FM80r.jpg

Nick in Belfast

Croc

Jan 9, 2004
Cheshire
“Now a Hardtop”??? That sacrilege if you ask me!!! Light weights (or Air Portables) should only ever be fitted with a tilt (and only then when its cold or raining).

Nice looking Landy from what I can see.

Regards, Paul (Liverpool Landrover Club Member)

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
It's now decked out as a REME LAD vehicle, which were generally hardtops, to prevent folks stealing their hammers and that.
I put the roof on for very similar reasons.

Still I can put it back to open-air in an hour or two.

Nick in Belfast

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Martin

Fuel economy was the same after as before - but did just learn that tyre pressures were a bit lower than normal, so could be a minimal increase in economy.

Fitting was a bit of a pain - you need a "rivet-bolt" applicator. Managed to borrow one over christmas from a car dealership.

Had a tip today about Safari Snorkels. Turn the intake towards the back if you are driving through trees - stops the grill over the opening getting poked by sticks and breaking it.

Went out to an off road day today, with the people from the LR Club I found. Mel is going to post some pics on later :-D

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
I wish we did have those, they sound like a great idea. :lol: In the real world we were just good boys and girls and cleaned them off before going back on the road. The folding down light guards were very useful in this.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
matt over at british blades has hosted the pic of our disco after 450degrres plus at 70mph quite a sight i think you'll agree. the photo was taken by my dad for insurence puposes. luckly life theatening injures were sorted quickly (major bleeding from head by upside down driver)

http://tinyurl.com/23jum

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Know what its like to roll a car, did an Audi in a couple of years ago in black ice, luckily the only damage I had was a bump on the head from removing the seat belt whilst updside down.

GF been bugging me for ages to get a Landie, so I think I'd better start saving, financially challenged at the moment. Mind you she only wants it for towing a horse trailer, I spose if she asks nicely enough I'll let her (said day dreaming :lol: )

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I used to drive my old mans Izusu Trooper, loved that car to bits (Citation, 3.2 Petrol 24v V6 auto)... used to drink fuel but still fell in love with it. Great fun in the rain, could hit puddles at any speed you liked and didn't even phase it...although I did swamp a mini coming the other way once :oops: ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE