Lancashire Sports Repairs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gentlemanc

Aug 24, 2010
Southampton, Hampshire
I have just acquired a lovely RAB down bag, £76 delivered, that has seen very little use. It is a bit older but in excellent nick and I am told by the chap from whom I purchased it that is akin to their current andes 1000 bag that is a snip at £400!!

I am chuffed but the zip is broken and quite frankly was never any good in the first place as it looks rather cheap and nasty. I would like to try and replace it for a decent YKK. I have found LSR or Lancashire Sports Repair and wondered if anyone has had need of their services or could recommend a proven alternative as once you include the work and postage in either direction I want to make sure I am going to get a quality result that will not let me down in the field?

Irene

Oct 5, 2008
Sussex East
Hi. For repair to sleeping bags and tents I have used Scottish Mountain Equipment, first class workmanship and fast return service. Lancashire Sports have resoled several pairs of boots and trainers, again excellent service.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Theres a good company based in Ulverston, Cumbria. Theyre called Mountaineering Design. Known for work on down bags and garments, specialize in high end stuff espec for high altitude or arctic kit, but probably can replace zip. Free assessment too.
Known for re-filling with down, they work out optimum down for baffle size but will over or under-stuff if asked. Heard theyre good never used.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I believe LSR are what originaly started off as the karrimor factory all that time ago. They are approved by lotsa companys and have done loads of jobs, well established.

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
When the wind blew 2 of our Coleman Event shelters over after a village get together. It bent a couple of poles and ripped the corner of the fabric. The shelters were brand new so I contacted Coleman, who in turn put me in touch with LSR. We sent both shelters away and 3 weeks later they rang us up asking for payment as the job had been done. The work came to around £60 and £20 to ship them back. A damn site cheaper than buying new shelters. Great work and great service!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE