Lambs lettuce?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Found on a wayside....it has the tinest light blue star shaped flowers...

Is it what I think it is?

IMGP3178.jpg

IMGP3179.jpg

IMGP3180.jpg

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Ah, yeah.

I just spotted the flower on the bottom photo.

Its definitely not forget me not.

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I don't think so Locum, but I may be wrong. The leaves look like lambs lettuce to me and it does have small blue flowers... It doesn't look like either of those to me.

And you can eat borage, the flowers at least :)

Iona

Nomad
Mar 11, 2009
Ashdown Forest
definitely not cleavers, the leaves are different and it has white flowers... and it'd be dead sticky! Assuming that would've put lambs lettuce out of the picture immediately?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
No...not sticky.....I don't think its cleavers.....I have a piccie of 'three sorts' of cleaver I picked yesterday which confuses me...I'll post those tonight......

Thanks for thoughts so far...

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Lamb's Lettuce - we have plenty in our garden this time of the year, gets weeded out and the leaves nipped off and put into my sandwiches. The blue flowers are TINY, and the stem /leaf structure is very distinctive: two opposite leaves, from the middle of which branch out two stems. If you want to be nerdy, it seems like a fractal structure, as this continued division repeats all the way along the stem.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE