ladies and gent there comes a time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluezephyr

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2013
Stratton
Ketchup. Forget the bread, look in the supermarket in the world food freezer section for Parathias, you dry fry them in the frying pan, butty nirvana:cool:

mudgutz

Jan 26, 2013
Staffordshire moorlands.
If Im making a scooby snack then its a bit like Santaman's, crusty loaf sliced thick, big slice of cheese (extra mature cheddar or Stilton ) hand full of salad, plum tomatos off the vine sliced all over then, and I may get strung up for this, salad cream!!!!!!!!:eek:

But in a cafe or in a rush it has to be Brown sauwze. Blinking hungry now.:p

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
BBQ sauce is better than tommy k and bum sauce - oh.. I mean brown sauce. But bacon is truely blessed in the almightly BLT set up and a layer of mayo. I particularly like a streaky bacon BLT done in the george foreman grilling thing (not our usual back bacon, but the fatty belly cuts).

The real question (lol, we're actually talking about bacon..) is - smoked bacon or non smoked?

Smoked bacon is the bacon of lords, non smoked is just rank salty ham. Why pay for bacon if it doesn't have any flavour? smoke gives bacon its life essence!

I'll get my coat...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
IIRC when y'all say bacon butty, it means a bacon sandwich. If so, there's only one way to have it: Crisp fried bacon, fresh sliced tomatoes, and crisp lettuce on toast with a bit of mayonaise.

There are other sandwiches that have bacon but----they're another sandwich where bacon is added instead of being the main focus. Such as bacon and fried egg. Or a bacon cheeseburger.

My dear colonial, a BLT is an entirely different thing :)

A bacon butty is a breakfast thing...best done in a barm cake....with HP sauce.....but then you can't get proper bacon there can you, you poor devils :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I don't do HP or Ketchup, but I do do sauce :D :p.

Drew, how's about bacon on the outside of the sanger ...

IMG_2972-300x200.jpg

Pic sourced (sauce'd ???) from Republic of Bacon.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Can't see why you'd want to mask the taste of bacon by smothering it in sauce :nono: best thing to add to a bacon sarnie is another rasher (preferably) or a properly fried egg goodjob

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay, shifted thread :)

Bacon....:yuck: sorry, totally lost my appetite.

Veggie equivalent.....fried slices of manifold pressed tofu,fry some mushrooms along with it, big slices cut from across the cap, maybe some onions too, serve on a cheugh roll with tomato ketchup, or maybe Branston's.
With that lot for breakfast who needs lunch ? :)

M

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Happy with good bacon and a smear of butter! Don't mind HP but the usual is some mayo on the bottom slice and tom sauce on the top...

Now I'm really hungry!!!!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
HP sauce for me! - swmbo says tomato ketchup though..... :rolleyes:

... and if we are adding an egg it HAS to be HARD - none of this yucky namby pamby half cooked runny mess thank you! - though swmbo disagrees with this too (we are SO closely matched it scares me sometimes :D)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Okay, shifted thread :)

Bacon....:yuck: sorry, totally lost my appetite.

Veggie equivalent.....fried slices of manifold pressed tofu,fry some mushrooms along with it, big slices cut from across the cap, maybe some onions too, serve on a cheugh roll with tomato ketchup, or maybe Branston's.
With that lot for breakfast who needs lunch ? :)

M

Mary have you never had the veggie "Bacon" rolls in the 13th Note in Glasgow? They look weird but even speaking as a confirmed carnivore they are very very good. http://www.13thnote.co.uk/food.html

GB.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
BBQ sauce is better than tommy k and bum sauce - oh.. I mean brown sauce. But bacon is truely blessed in the almightly BLT set up and a layer of mayo. I particularly like a streaky bacon BLT done in the george foreman grilling thing (not our usual back bacon, but the fatty belly cuts).

The real question (lol, we're actually talking about bacon..) is - smoked bacon or non smoked?

Smoked bacon is the bacon of lords, non smoked is just rank salty ham. Why pay for bacon if it doesn't have any flavour? smoke gives bacon its life essence!

I'll get my coat...

I'm with you Samon, gotta be smoked bacon, or Canadian maple cure (smoked too if available).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE