Labrador

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
@Tengu the current season of Alone (season 9)is currently in Labrador, it looks very nice if not as harsh as the previous locations but the black bear population is high.

Sure worthy of an expedition from what's been televised so far.

Reactions: TeeDee

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
@Tengu,
Not I, but I am curious what it is that you want to know, why you are asking? Just interest, or do you want to know something specific?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its for my blogging.

One of my Wiltshire guys spent 44 years in Labrador with the locals. He was in the Moravian church.

I thought it an interesting story and a chance to write about a place I have always wanted to visit, the Arctic.

Cant find much online and I get the impression its a bit of a backwater.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
If by “backwater” you mean “undeveloped wilderness”, yeah, that sums it well.
Backwater famed for its huge brook trout,

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Looks like a backwater to me.

Some wild areas are very busy, thinking of the Scottish outliers, maybe, and Siberia seems to have a lot of human activity. Certainly a lot of archaeology in parts of Arctic Canada.

Are Char good to eat?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Labrador is about 50 meters from the middle of nowhere. If you want to share your days with the black flies and the bears,
please be our guests. Foolish to go in there alone. You must put all of your food out of reach, right down to the last stick of chewing gum.

Char are closely related to the Pacific salmon and the various species of trout. I'll have Arctic Char on my plate as often as you serve it.

The other way to find that sort of Canadian biogeoclimatic situation is just to go up in altitude. My house is about 700m AMSL. Less than an hour away, we can sit at 2,000m and enjoy the view. Plus, there's very little likelihood, outside the hunting seasons, of crossing paths with anybody.
You leave a day plan before you go and you check back in when you return.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE