Krill lights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammy734

Sep 6, 2008
Portadown, Northern Ireland
Of those of you who have them, do you have the 180 or 360 and why?

I have the 360 version, due to wanting it to hang in the tent, or on a tree, or anywhere else I feel it might be useful and be visible from all directions.

Though especially from hanging inside the tent, the 'ambient' 360 glow is kinda nice and lights up all the right places!

I have a friend who has the 180 version and to be honest I don't think there would be that much of a difference in them! He uses his for map reading and I guess it only being 180 degrees means its not glowing in his eyes when reading the map... Thats the best I can come up with!

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
We were talking about disposable chemical glow sticks in one of my environmental science lectures today. They are REALLY bad for the environment due to a: the plastic they are made of and not bio-degrading etc, and b: the carcenogenic chemicals in them. Not good folks, much better with a candle or a battery powered lamp with 're-chargable' batteries. Yes, I know neither of those is totally environmentally friendly 100% but they are a hell of a lot better than chemical glow sticks. The damage done when trying to dispose of these things is horrendous. If the chemical compounds inside them get into a water source it can be devistating. They cannot be recycled.

Rant over..... soz.......:eek:

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
I have been using these for over 6 years and regard them very highly. Not so bright that it knackers your night vision, but enough to see by (I would not to say read by, but I haven't used a 180).

The only thing I would say is use rechargeables, its just a little kinder on the environment. Battery life is simply superb and they're water resistant enough to be used in all weathers and mine have withstood a drop in the water or two, not to any real depth though a couple of feet at most.

Warrigal

Nov 11, 2006
Brisbane Australia
I got a 360 extreme a couple weeks ago. have played around a bit but not really tested it till a electrical blackout last night. Coleman dual fuel in the living area.
Krill light in the loo.
Petzl E+lite on my head.
I was gunna make a Alfoil lined cardboard cover to reduce the glare ( although I do see the point of a 360 as a marker)
I think I'll do the same but use a bike inner- tube as a cover.
I still keep Cylumes for emergency markers, in the car and carry a couple in my BOB.
While we're on the subject I also have Surefire G2 led for the "other end of the Rugby field" light needs.
Carl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE