Kochanski Books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi i've been meaning to buy a copy of Kochanski's "Bushcraft, outdoor skills and wilderness survival" for a while now but i've also heard members talk about his book "Northern Bushcraft" which i believe is out of print? Anyway i was just wondering what is the difference between the two books? If anyone that has a copy of both books could give me a brief outline of thier content i would much appreciate it. What other bushcraft book's is everyone reading? I've got all the Ray Mears one's but want to expand my library a bit so would welcome your views and opinions as to what is worth considering. I realize that "Bushcraft" covers a wide range of other topics and my own book shelves are full of books that are compatible with having an interest in bushcraft but what the heck let's see what eveyone comes up with. :)

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
hello seany boy

"Bushcraft, outdoor skills and wilderness survival" also known simply as "Bushcraft" is the same book as "Northern Bushcraft".

When Northern Bushcraft was republished the publishers simply dropped the word Northern from the title.

Do you have a copy of Richard Graves “Bushcraft”?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
i dont beleive there is a difference in the two books by mors. might be wrong though.

What are you looking for? Narritive, instructional?

Nessmuck is a good read.
bushcraft by Richard Greaves is a good instructional.
I like Two little Savages by Seaton full of great stuff. Kids book that adults can enjoy.

Naked into the wilderness is another great tome.

The list is endless really without knowing what you like to read. Schwert has done some great reviews on outdoors magazine forum main site.

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Thanks Stuart
did'nt realise that, all suddenly becomes apparent. No i have'nt got the Richard Greaves book, is it any good? And is it still available?There seem to be a lot of useful books out of print which would be greatly sought after by us guys.
Thanks Wayne
both instructional and narritive are of interest. Dont think i've heard of the "Naked into the wilderness" book, who's it by? Will have to have a look at schewert's reviews and see what that unearths.

Many thanks Guys

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have mors k's "bushcraft" it is a great book and i have learnt alot from it

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
another thumbs up for 'naked into the wilderness, wilderness living and survival skills' its a good book.

Richard graves 'Bushcraft is a good book and although out of print, it is available to read free online.

of the books I have, the book I found hardest to get a copy of was 'arctic manual' which was recommended to me by Mors as the only book he would choose if he could have only one.

I will sit down and put together a catalogue of the books I have and those that I would like to get.

meanwhile have a look at the downloads section of the site where you can acquire some interesting reading : http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/...showarticle=196

and have a look at the article archive:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/...tion=cat&acid=6

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
Stuart said:
another thumbs up for 'naked into the wilderness, wilderness living and survival skills' its a good book.

Richard graves 'Bushcraft is a good book and although out of print, it is available to read free online.

Hi Stuart
have you the isbn for his book? Also where can it be read online?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tutchi
:cool:

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
the Book 'Bushcraft' (isbn 0-8052-0333-8) by Richard graves was originally published as 10 separate booklets and later compiled into one volume, it has exactly the same information and layout as the original booklets just bound under one cover.

this link will take you to an online copy of the original 10 bushcraft books

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE