Knives/knife law.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Yes, I stand up to my rights, no matter where I live, be it Norway, Sweden, UK or here on island ( that has a modified British legal system)..

Yes I stand up for my rights too, and other peoples rights as well. I have been an advocate and an activist for disability rights since the 1980s. That has at times involved confronting the law and the powers that be. That is not the same as arrogantly doing what you will as if that should be the whole of the law however. I would say I am mostly with John Stuart Mill (even if he could not hold his own in a drinking contest according to the old Monty Python Song) that you should be allowed to do whatever you like so long as that does not impinge upon the rights of others. Now that is the complex and difficult point, and I will concede that there are times where I really would be best to leave my knives at home. Anyway, building rights etc. There are very good reasons for planning regulations in England at least, would you really like your neighbour to have an absolute right to build a home that towers above your own, blocks out your light, and overlooks the privacy of your garden?

This is why Civil Law exists, in order to adjudicate between these often complex conflicts of interest, and you know what, that has been the case since the time of the Anglo Saxons, or as Henry II put it "since time imemorial"

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Damn sight better than the "Roman Law" which predominates sur le continong. In the UK law is complex, because it is made both by the courts and by Parliament, but the end of the day, a jury can tell the judge and the law to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and sometimes they have.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Excellent! I hope then the latest proposals in the knife law changes are repelled, because as we all know, it will not make a dent in the knife crime, just inconvenience people like us!

Which law has been placed where the sun does not shine?

(Btw, most of civilized Europe have stricter building regs than UK, when it comes to environmental impact, sustainability, square area per inhabitant, materials ( toxic components), standard of materials.

You will not see many bathrooms with wall to wall carpets for example. We prefer a water tight floor covering, with a water outlet so it is easy to clean.
We also like to build our houses with enough space inbetween so you will not see your neighbour looking into your bedroom...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Herman30

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Damn sight better than the "Roman Law" which predominates sur le continong. In the UK law is complex, because it is made both by the courts and by Parliament, but the end of the day, a jury can tell the judge and the law to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and sometimes they have.

Or, in the case of a gardener I know who came out of the corner shop to find two policemen looking into the back of his van and then arresting him for sharp objects, the judge sending the police a bill for contempt of court and wasting his time.

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE