knife number 8...handled in tambootie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi.....was very tricky trying to get so many curves done on my knackered old grinder in just a 2-inch space....so most shaping done with files....mammoth blades drop point necker with tambootie over black liners with brass loveless and mosaic lanyard. first time ive tried handling something so different than a ''woodlore clone''....thought it was going to be easier but not the case....hope you like!

a

NECK5LOW.jpg

NECK4LOW.jpg

NECK6LOW.jpg

NECK7LOW.jpg

Last edited:

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
i have to say I wouldn't dare to call myself a 'bush crafter', but even as a rank amateur/outsider the craftsmanship you guys exhibit is bloody impressive.

Last edited:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Angst,... I gotta say this is my new favorite, although I still very much favor your second knife, this one is a prize to look at
But please can anyone shed some light one perhaps how the double "pins" could be finished in ultimate neatness where you wont see the tiny edge,
NECK6LOW.jpg

Remarkable work angst I think I will need to ask my boss about working some extra days, perhaps even drop some school every now and then So I get one of your knives they look superb ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

steve581

Sep 2, 2011
Lindford
Mate glad it worked out, looks absolutely fantastic as I knew it would. I know how much care and attention you put into every piece. Wish I had space to do more bits lol.. Many congrats mate.. :You_Rock_

Feb 9, 2008
Buckinghamshire
You've made a great job of that Sonni...i like the mosiac lanyard and it looks like you've finished the tambootie down nicely. Did you use any oil on the handle or have you polished it?

Looking good.
Lance.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE