Knife advice??? - Have I come to the right place??? ha ha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

velvetmonkey

Feb 2, 2012
Co Down
Hi all,

Upgraded from a Mora clipper to the Helle Eggen - I was overjoyed - knife worked really well for my level of experience (which in terms of knife work would be advanced basic??!?! ).

Anyways after a catastrophic failure of the knife (it broke in two pieces!!), I'm in the market for a replacement.
(Warranty documentation is not available, but Helle were willing to replace the knife.)

I have looked at the Helle Alden and the Helle Fjellkniven as possible replacements.
I have read the Fjellkniven review on here, and seems it would suit me well.

I'm after a full tang, 10-10.5cm blade length, preferably stainless, with the classic Scandi grind.

I know there are a lot of very talented knife makers on here, and have very much admired their work from afar, but in honesty, budget is a major factor.
I'm looking to upgrade a number of things - of shich the knife is only one.

Her indoors would not be enamoured with a spend of any more than £70 to £80.

Can anyone shed any more light on my possible Helle choices, or recommend another avenue?

Thanks in advance

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I had a Brakar for a few year and found it to be a dream of a knife, only reason it fell of my belt was due to Wifely getting another knife as a present, I sold mine to Raikey on here, he to really likes it, I would whole heartedly recommend it:)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
I had a Brakar for a few year and found it to be a dream of a knife, only reason it fell of my belt was due to Wifely getting another knife as a present, I sold mine to Raikey on here, he to really likes it, I would whole heartedly recommend it:)

yep,...

it does everything rather well,...the handle smelt funny though when i first got it...

if it was half an inch shorter it'd be perfect, (not often you hear that is it??)

scorpion

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2009
Manchester
Id say an Enzo Trapper and funnily enough ive just been on Heinnies to see what's new today and they have just got three versions of it in stock ;) , I might even pick up an O1 one myself.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Id say an Enzo Trapper and funnily enough ive just been on Heinnies to see what's new today and they have just got three versions of it in stock ;) , I might even pick up an O1 one myself.

I'd second the trapper - a terrific knife for the money and at the top end of your budget.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE