Which knife would you remake in a better/different steel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
That handle will get mucky in no time, so don't let that stop you. As for the sheath, it's the right choice for a stainless steel in my opinion.

The issue I have with condor is the price, 10 years ago people were buy these for £30, that has doubled and a bit more.
I don't worry too much about price, up to a point, IF I'm getting something I like. If I'm still using a knife 5, 10 or more years in the future then I doubt I'll look back and feel hurt by the price. If it sits in a drawer as a reminder of eternal disappointment on the other hand...

I like the steel upgrade of the aqualore but don't care for the bright blue handle or kydex sheath. Seems you can't have your cake AND eat it.
it would definitely be not a bad choice in a rainforest or coastal environment (where leather doesn't last long no matter how much tlc you give it and where a dropped knive can easily disappear in leaf litter on the floor -- guess how i come to know that :p )

Reactions: R_Fonseca
Aug 1, 2022
UK
I'd love to have a Boker XS drop point in a high quality steel. It's a fantastic everyday legal carry but the steel options are limited to 440c. I would pay good money to have it in something like sv30

Murat_Cyp

Forager
Sep 16, 2020
Bristol
SAK would be benefitted from steel upgrade to properly heat treated 14C28N.

GEC 1095 is OK but the use of AEBL surely would be perfect!

I think if the blade needs to be a stainless all makers/manufacturers should consider AEBL, MagnaCut and LC200N S125V depending on requirements and dismiss all other stainless steels as these would cover the all bases.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE