KITH- knife in the hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
alright then dave i SUPPOSE we can string it out a bit- maybe until next friday? if everyone's ok with that, then i'll get someone impartial ( a mod probbablyo draw names from a hat.

cheers

Nathan

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
Sorry guys I'm going to have to bail out on this one. The missus got helicoptered in to hospital monday night with serious internal bleeding. She's booked in for major op. later today so I think I may have more urgent things to deal with than this KITH.

All the best to the rest of you

Steve

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Sorry guys I'm going to have to bail out on this one. The missus got helicopted in to hospital monday night with serious internal bleeding. She's booked in for major op. later today so I think I may have more urgent things to deal with than this KITH.

Steve

Absolutely understand mate- do everything you can for her and my feelings are with you and your family at this time.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Sorry guys I'm going to have to bail out on this one. The missus got helicoptered in to hospital monday night with serious internal bleeding. She's booked in for major op. later today so I think I may have more urgent things to deal with than this KITH.

Steve

Steve, I was sorry to read this. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Nat, mine is now as ready as it'll ever be. It's your call how we go forward on this.

Cheers

Rat

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Steve, I was sorry to read this. Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Nat, mine is now as ready as it'll ever be. It's your call how we go forward on this.

Cheers

Rat

I'm just waiting for dave to say he's ready, if he doesn't post by tommorow night i'll give him a bit of a nudge, then maybe we'll carry on soon- in my experience it tends to be better to give people a bit opf time, frustrating as it is some people just need the extra little bit of time

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I wouldn't be that rude! Well, ok, I would, but only after a couple of pints :nana:

Actually, it's the second time I've demonstrated there. they have a couple of 'festivals each year (spring and autumn) and I've been along with the forge and sharpening gear ;) I go back to the kitchen every now and then to service their knives ;)

Mind you, after a chat with Hugh I've got to get some kithcen knives finished ;)

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
right guys, sorry for the lack of movement on this but i've been very busy with my new job and had some issues with falling asleep before i remembered to check the site, so my apologies for letting you all down, i'll go and compose a list of everyone now, and try and get a friendly mod to sort out the draw.

thanks

Nathan

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
No apology needed old fruit, I don't feel let down in the slightest :D

I'm in California next week so it'll either go in the post tomorrow or a week on Monday:rolleyes:

I also have to confess that mine's a full-tang, not a stick-tang, but hopefully you'll forgive me. Just waiting now to find out which poor s*d is gonna receive it...

Rat

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
all sorted out now, you should have all got pms by now, and need to pm your recipient for their addresses.I hope everyone has had a bit of fun with this, and any more ideas for "something in the hat's" would be greatly appreciated.

NatG
Ratbag
G4GHB
Elma
Dave Budd

just to keep it all open and clear, this is the list, as populated by Toddy

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
OK, I'll kick off and show off my goodies courtesy of Ratbag :D

Inside the brown Jiffy bag I collected from the post office this morning was the following treat.......

dscf3495cn1.jpg

dscf3503jf0.jpg

dscf3499ag0.jpg

dscf3498nb5.jpg

A bit of info about it all.....

The blade is a Lapplander 90, so stainless c127 or whatever it is, but with a modified handle profile so that your hand is closer to where the edge starts

The scales are purpleheart with solid brass 4mm pins

The sheath is 3.5mm veg tan, stitched with waxed linen and dyed with Fieblings dark brown oil dye (and finished with brown Kiwi shoe polish!). The sheath is designed so that the dangler bit can be removed by unlacing it and the sheath can be worn as a neck carry with a cord through the two holes at the top.

To say I'm pleased is an understatement and it is deliciously sharp!

All that is left to say publicly is THANKS RATBAG :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE