KITH- knife in the hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Graham

Thanks for them kind words :D
And thanks for putting the pictures up too, I forgot to take any, as usual.
Best,
Rat

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
No Probs mate - and I need to point out that the blade is nice and shiny (or was until put my mucky fingers on it in the excitement to get a photo|) and the marks are just muck!!!

- note to self, polish blade before taking photos

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's a nice knife you've got there. The sheath is really nice too. He's not bad at this knifey lark, The Ratbag, and his leatherwork is great too. He clothed my Jojo Nessmuk.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
That's a nice knife you've got there. The sheath is really nice too. He's not bad at this knifey lark, The Ratbag, and his leatherwork is great too. He clothed my Jojo Nessmuk.

Thanks buddy. I'll not be touting for work just yet though.....:D

Rat

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
here's mine:
DSCN0027.jpg

to be sent of to my unlucky recipient some time this week.

the traditional styled scandi one is a polar blade distressed copper bolster, leather, antler birch bark, birdseye maple( i had no birch), bark, antler. The tang goes all the way through and is peened. The handle is VERY comfortable and has a matte finish, i would really like it if it saw some use, i think it's such a nice shape.

the second one is an antler tip, some VERY thick leather, a distressed brass bolste and a polar blade. It's a little something to say sorry for how late the other one is!

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
ooh, and i left the butt end of the knife kinda natural, you can till see some of the bark and bits in the antler, and i left it the original shape( ish), because i thought that it loked quite nice

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
Nice work there guys. Its great to see the interpretation of "skandinavia" as a theme for a knife, done by UK people.

Id love to see the sheaths done for the finnish-styled knife of yours NatG.

Interesting bit though: I couldn't help but noticing the distinguished look of the wood and leather sheath of staghounds. Looks bril.

Interesting to look through. I hope there are gonna be another thread like this sometime.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
right then, just a final check- who has their knife or knows it's coming.

dave budd gave me mine, i know graham has his, ratbags is on the way( again, really sorry about the postal muckup!) I also know Elma is getting Daves out to him soon.

is that everyone? if you haven't got yours yet, send me a pm or post on here and i'll sort it out for you:)

Nathan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE