Kinfemaking Unplugged dvd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bhold

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
Lancaster
They were recomended to me in another thread. I already kenw Tim Lively's website, it always caught my attention due to the quality of the hammer finish on his knives.
After exchanging a few e-mails, I decided to buy a copy. Here is my e-mail to him:

"Hi Tim,
I was very impressed by the trailer of your video. I already knew your website, which I used as a resource when I started knifemaking in Brazil (made a couple of knives through stock removal, always wanted to learn bladesmithing). However, I didn't check additions since I came to the UK for my PhD in Anthropology. Yesterday someone praised your video on a bushcraft forum, and after taking a look on the trailer and the table of contents, I am indeed very interested on it.
In order to save money, I tried the link you offered to a download version, for a lower price. Unfortunately, this option is available only to windows users, and in the US. I am in the UK, and have a MAC.
Is there any other source through which I could buy the downloadable version?
All the best, "

To which he answered:

"Thanks for the kind words. The download thing has only been going for about 2 months now so I don't really understand it all yet either. I just recently found out that it doesn't work on Mac too. I think the reason Amazon doesn't allow it to go outside of the US is due to copyright laws. It's the only place I have the download available at this time so unfortunately I can't help you with that. And because of past problems with snail mail I have to ship via global priority outside the US and that costs $9.50 for overseas. My bank will no longer post any money orders or checks outside the US either so I have to take PayPal for those orders. In short, Im not providing a very good service to folks outside the US Im sorry to say. I recently lowered the price down to 29.95 on my website but if you go to eBay you can find it there for 26.95. Hope that helps a little. I put alot of work into the DVD and I feel confident that after you see it you will find it was worth the money though. It's two hours long and packed with info and that makes it a pretty good deal if you look around at other DVDs on knifemaking. Most of them are only an hour long and they look as though they were thrown together in a weekend. We spent over four months working on ours. You will like it. Sorry, I can't assist you better. Im looking for new ways to solve some of these problems but so far I can't see many options.
Tim "

It was in fact very easy to order, using my credit card (no paypal, I am afraid).

If you want to check it, there is an interesting trailer here:
http://www.livelyknives.com/knifemakingvideo.htm

I will post a review of the dvd as soon as I get it. :D

Cheers,

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
As I said on the other thread, I've only heared good things about this DVD. I plan to get a copy too, when funds allow. So I look forward to your review.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE