Keyring LED light

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Can anyone recommend a light weight, durable LED torch that I can stick on my keys for general use. Needs to use a AAA NiMh battery. Beyond that just needs to be rugged.

Any suggestions?

J

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I have a Fenix EO1 and it's brilliant.

May not be the brightest torch for its size, but it has a ridiculous battery life and is as close to indestructible as you can get

Here is someone freezing it, then boiling it. Still works just fine afterwards.

What a wonderfully altruistic device. If the natives boil me alive then freeze the leftovers I can rest in peace secure in the knowledge whoever finds my remains will have a working flashlight.:lmao:

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon

Just got one, so not used it much. Initial thoughts is it provides a good amount of light for such a small torch, looks well made and only having one mode it's very simple to use. My only slight niggle is the gold coloured thread metal is visible between the head and body when it has a battery inserted. A very low mode would also be useful but, for me, not worth double the price.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Eo1 is aa. Get the eo5 its smaller. Got it and it's ace

Its AAA ;)

Eo5 outputs only 27 lumens. It's enough, but you could do better if you want more light.

LD05 produces 72, but is more expensive.

As Maratacs seem to be almost unobtainable now, I'd go with this 80 lumen Olight that uses the same proven circuitry, and offers different levels.

http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/olight-torches/olight-i3s-eos-led-torch.html

The Maratac family. The copper AAA lives on my keys and is nicely patinated now.

image_zpsc3d3fec3.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE