Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

snake

hi all
back on line at last,are there any dates free for the 7th & 8th july for a possible overnighter.
Regards to all snake

nathe

Feb 3, 2006
kent
Hello all,
Thank for e-mail Nick - I dont automatically look here, so the promt was well needed! Will post up available dates asap, i.e. 2 moro.
Libby.
oh and also hadn't forgotten about project activities, I know I have already asked but are there any big preferences or something you'd really like to try?:morpheus:

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Libby.
oh and also hadn't forgotten about project activities, I know I have already asked but are there any big preferences or something you'd really like to try?:morpheus:

I am only 1 voice but I suspect log splitting would be popular

PS July 6-7th may not be good
The Tour de France is in Kent that weekend

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hello all,
Thank for e-mail Nick - I dont automatically look here, so the promt was well needed! Will post up available dates asap, i.e. 2 moro.
Libby.

I think we were all fired up for the log cabin/shelter idea for next year.
! possible idea (it may be biting off more than we can chew) how about cleft log fences. Setting up uprights with two pairs of mortices and split and tapered horizontals. Ill try to find some photos of the type i mean. They are nicely rustic but very durable.

Cheers
Nick

nathe

Feb 3, 2006
kent
Hi,
you are right about the tour de france Mike!
however....
free dates are abound now.... 7/8th, 21/22nd and 28/29th all up for grabs.

poss ideas so far.... let me know your thoughts.

-seats around pinetum (any sort, adventurous or normal rustic)
- shelters of any description using whats around.... we also have a huge area of braken which could be harvested and thatched.
- There are a few fallen trees including a very large oak (chainsaw job) which could be turned into solid furniture in situ.
- splitting is possible, we have irons etc.
- fencing is always useful, internal and boundary
- coppicing in winter
- drinking tea and eating fine fare....

details of what exactly used/design/where positioned can be discussed as and when...
Libby.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
free dates are abound now.... 7/8th, 21/22nd and 28/29th all up for grabs.

Thanks Libby

Ok folks
I say 21/22 would be ok as its the only w/e i have free and yes I know its the w/e before bushmoot.
I guess we should go with the most popular choice so PM me or post a reply over the w/e and well take a look next week and decide based on numbers.

We'll have a serious pow-wow about project then and give ourselves some targets

Of course all are welcome to come and give date choices whether youre a regular or first timer - so dont hold back

Cheers
Nick

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Snake and myself are overnighting on the 7th of July any regulars are welcome to join us we may leave mid morning Sunday if not many want to come . we are also okay for any other weekends you decide to arrange as all of my Sats are free apart from the Bushmoot.

Richie O

Jan 10, 2007
Harold Wood, Essex
I now can't make any dates as I am going to Scafell Pike 5th - 8th and then there is a pointless rota change at work which totally :cussing: up my rest day pattern!!! Arrgghhh!!! :banghead:
Hope to see some of you in August maybe?

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I can make the 7th no problem. I have work on the 8th so I'll have to drive like hellfire to get back to Maidstone in the morning but I'll definately be there. ;)

I'd be interested in the 22nd as well if it goes ahead. It'd be a good 'last chance' before the Bushmoot to get things sorted.

Thanks for arranging these dates guys, good work :)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Ok guys if no-one else has input Ill go for the 21/22nd. You can do an overnighter but I can only make the sunday as its the Sgt Mess summer ball on Sat eve.

Well do some cooking as usual and sort the rest of the agenda as we go.

Bloodline are you overnighting at the Pinetum or somewhere else if so lets make it that W/end

Cheers
Nick

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Just to confirm Little Hall is booked for the night of the 7th of July we are arriving early afternoon sleeping over and leaving 1st thing Sunday morning. It is just an overnighter we are not stopping all day Sunday! I will also be able to come to the 21st of July.

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
I should be able to make that date too:1244:

21/22 would be good for me too, if i can get there on public transport!
:drive:
Wherabouts in London/Kent border are you as I may be able to give you a lift either from home or a train station on route, my nearest station is Longfield.

PM me with more details and we can discuss.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Guys

I Emailed Libby last week to confirm 21/22nd but I didnt get confirmation yet.

Proceed as planned for the 21/22nd unless you hear to the contrary from me on this forum, I sure there's no problem.

So far I have

Self
Bloodline
Snake
Switch
OutdoorNewbie
LawrenceDell
Twoflower
3Please?

Any More? - All Welcome

Directions are at the start of this thread if you need them

Cheers
Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Libby has confirmed that we are on for the 21/22nd overnighter so go ahead & make plans.

I shall be there on the sunday (assuming I can still walk unaided)

Cheers

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE