Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Well I've not yet made a bannock at any of the meets I've been to and I always seem to be eating everyone elses, so I'll be bringing some flour etc. and hopefully making one.

The meat jerkying idea sounded good but I've not done it before so wouldn't know where to start :(

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Anybody else for Littlehall Sat/Sun

Sunday only is fine I have to work Saturday evening trying to keep Kent safe :eek:
(So hide in the woods if you can)

Or just the day for Sunday - like me
it will be nice to have the fire going when I get there for a change

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
I'll be there on Sat/Sun, hope it dries up for the weekend :umbrella:

I've got a fancy new hammock to try out that can be set high up in the trees! should be fun:Wow:

Was there much firewood left after the last meet that I missed, I was gonna bring a couple of bags with me but if most of the previous lot was used up I'll bring more than that so we have enough to last the two days. :morpheus:

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Mike I will stay up all night keeping the fire going, I just hope Lawerence brings enough wood. If you arent overnighting what are we doing for bannock? can you drop a couple off on your way to work:lmao: ?

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Good meet the other day guys, really enjoyed it. Can't wait forthe next one - the sooner the better :D
My apologies if I seemed a little quiet on the sunday, I wasn't feeling too good. I think it may have been the porridge I had in the morning (nothing to do with all the Kronenbourg/brandy of course :rolleyes: :eek: )

Now, I remember there being a fair few pictures taken over the weekend...

OutdoorNewbie

Mar 18, 2006
Sittingbourne
Evening all, just been reading through the Kent meet thread and was wondering if it would be possible to join in with the next meet as I am new and am looking for somewhere to start and gain some practical experience.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Evening all, just been reading through the Kent meet thread and was wondering if it would be possible to join in with the next meet as I am new and am looking for somewhere to start and gain some practical experience.

Of course :)

The date for the next one hasn't been finalised yet as far as I know. It's usually Mike that sorts it all out. Keep an eye on this thread for when the details are posted up.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Actually I think that I ended up in the chair to book the next one and IIRC we had a date in mind - bug****ed if i can rememeber when it was for though.
Can anyone jog my memory did we say august or october???

Cheers
Nick

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
I cant wait that long lads I need a night out in me ammock as soon as poss the light nights are here and im restless to be outdoors.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
I cant wait that long lads I need a night out in me ammock as soon as poss the light nights are here and im restless to be outdoors.

Ditto what Bloodline said :)

I'm itching to go out. It's all very well going for a walk in the woods on my own but it's just not the same as an overnighter with good company.

I'm pretty much free all through July and August (except for the Bushmoot weekend of course ;) ) so whatever date is best for you guys is good with me.

OutdoorNewbie

Mar 18, 2006
Sittingbourne
Hello All, Equipment has turned up and is looking a bit clean need to get out and put it to use. So sitting here all packed and ready to go, just name the date and location. Getting hot sitting in the kit so sooner the better.

Regards

Darren

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
My backs a lot better and a night in a hammock can only improve things how about one in the next couple of weeks? It would be a good warm up for the Bushmoot. I know Snake will come but he cant post coz he has buggered his computer up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE