Kent Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Sorry about that Nick but I know you understand my warped sense of humour. Get that diary of yours out and find a free weekend so we can get the jerky project sorted! How about late September?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Chaps (& chapesses??)

On my hols I managed to clobber a grouse as it ran out in front of the car. I was going to grab it for the pot (it being the glorious 12th) but then I realised that I didnt have a clue how to clean and prepare it.
The farm where I keep my caravan (working sheep farm near Orpington) has some extensive and quite secluded woodlands and a catering butcher with a game license on the site. Ive asked if we could do an overnighter there and I'm trying to talk the guy that runs the butchery if he would do some demos of cleaning and preparing game fowl etc (Im thinking duck phesant chicken rabbit that sort of thing).
Dont know the cost or anything yet - I guess we'd have to buy the meat when we'd finished maybe have a world record stew that night or something, and I dont know yet if we'd have to pay for the camping.

Who is interested? - in principle - probably be october-ish Id imagine

just give me an idea of numbers - no commitment as yet

Cheers

Nick

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Hi, I've been lurking on this thread for a while!
I haven't met you all before, but I'd be interested in the October meet - depending on family commiments. Once details are firmed up I'll run it by SWMBO and the babies!

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Ok boys n girls

I contacted the butcher and he's up for it. He says he will do the demo or class or whatever where we're camped - i think there might be a problem with us clumping into a butchery straight from the woods etc. He says he knows a few local gamekeepers who could bag some birds for us. He didnt mention any kind of payment so I think well pass the hat round amongst us an give him a 'drink' if thats the case.

Just waiting on the landowner to come back about using the woods and we'll be away. Date in Oct still to be decided.

Cheers
Nick

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Ok boys n girls

I contacted the butcher and he's up for it. He says he will do the demo or class or whatever where we're camped - i think there might be a problem with us clumping into a butchery straight from the woods etc. He says he knows a few local gamekeepers who could bag some birds for us. He didnt mention any kind of payment so I think well pass the hat round amongst us an give him a 'drink' if thats the case.

Just waiting on the landowner to come back about using the woods and we'll be away. Date in Oct still to be decided.

Cheers
Nick

Cheers Nick, good man :)

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Ok boys n girls

Cheers
Nick

I could well be up for this Nick - depending on dates, work etc.. :D

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
How many of us going this weekend? I was just thinking about food and if there aren't too many of us I was going to offer to make a lamb curry from scratch Sat night for everyone. Waddya think?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Folks the game dressing day is moving forward
Giles (the Farmer)(No No really REAAAALLLY) who owns the land says he has 2 acres of woods that are partially cleared that we can use for the night. The ground is a caravan club Certified field (well the field next to it is) which means it holds various public liability insurances etc so he says that we can use it for the standard rate of £10 per head per night. There are also proper toilets and a clean water supply. Also he has no problems with us having a cooking fire which is also good news.

All remains is to settle the date with Tony the butcher and we are away. Ill have to limit numbers to six ish so it will be first come first served who can make the date, Ill consider all who have already stated an interest in first.

So list is
Twoflower
Bardster
Shep
3Please
Switch
Weekend Warrior

Cheers
Nick

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Folks the game dressing day is moving forward
Giles (the Farmer)(No No really REAAAALLLY) who owns the land says he has 2 acres of woods that are partially cleared that we can use for the night. The ground is a caravan club Certified field (well the field next to it is) which means it holds various public liability insurances etc so he says that we can use it for the standard rate of £10 per head per night. There are also proper toilets and a clean water supply. Also he has no problems with us having a cooking fire which is also good news.

All remains is to settle the date with Tony the butcher and we are away. Ill have to limit numbers to six ish so it will be first come first served who can make the date, Ill consider all who have already stated an interest in first.

So list is
Twoflower
Bardster
Shep
3Please
Switch
Weekend Warrior

Cheers
Nick

Excellent! Can't wait. Thanks for organising this Nick :D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE