Keeping a lid on it :)

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

warthog1981

Life Member
Jun 3, 2004
1,900
123
45
Fife
Its been a long long time since Ive made any lids so decided to make up some for myself. These ones are made out of reclamed aluminium from old signs from work :rolleyes:
The new forms are made out of 6mm steel plate took a bit of working but they should hold up better that the old plywood ones that I used to use :)

DSCF0002-4.jpg


DSCF0004-1.jpg


DSCF0005-3.jpg


DSCF0006-2.jpg


DSCF0008.jpg


What do you think ? :)

Cheers Russ
 
sorry not at the moment I might do when I find the time to make a batch again.
And id need to sign up to be a maker again.
 
Id be interested in one or 2 if you sold them, need one for my crusader cup and one for the tatonka mug :)

Very good work!!
 
A little hammer eh? Liar! I was told it was elves and pixies that do your bidding while you swan around drinking tea!
 
Very neat :approve: I hadn't seen this thread :o
Those look as though they really belong to the mugs, don't they ?

Good idea on making the formers :cool: Bet they took a bit of work too :)

atb,
M
 
Wow Russ! I made a lid for my crusader out of tin three days ago, but seeing yours I feel a bit deppressed about my work. How long did it take you to do one? I just cut out a bit of tin into shatpe and added something to hold it from...
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE