K&M Matchsafe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
I keep missing these when they come up for sale.:(
I don't suppose anyone has one they'd like to move on. ;)

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
They can be bought direct from the guy that makes them, when I can find out how to get their online system to accept the order with the luminous compass, I'll be buying one myself.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
They can be bought direct from the guy that makes them, when I can find out how to get their online system to accept the order with the luminous compass, I'll be buying one myself.

If it's got a tritium element in it I don't think they will ship it. Tritium is slightly radioactive and useful when making nuclear devices. Its export from the US (unlike many other countries) is heavily restricted.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The long brass ones are about $26US delivered, about £16 . The guy is easy to talk to, drop him an email with your requirements. I've got three and they are very good. I've a spare long brass I'll let go for £15 including recorded UK delivery, very light use, no wear just visible where I've struck some matches; PM if interested.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
The long brass ones are about $26US delivered, about £16 . The guy is easy to talk to, drop him an email with your requirements. I've got three and they are very good. I've a spare long brass I'll let go for £15 including recorded UK delivery, very light use, no wear just visible where I've struck some matches; PM if interested.

PM sent!

Simon

leon-1

If it's got a tritium element in it I don't think they will ship it. Tritium is slightly radioactive and useful when making nuclear devices. Its export from the US (unlike many other countries) is heavily restricted.

Is the import of tritium as heavily restricted? If it is then they would not be able to use this compass as they are imported inot the states from Finland.

helixpteron said:

I think they now ship as standard with the luminous compass, but I think that Keith wouldn't mind if you asked by dropping him an email and they can be purchased from this page if you wish to buy one direct.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Hi richard,
It was me that asked originally not SimonM.

Do you still have it?
Is so I'd like it.

As for Simon, I think you've been a bit cheeky there mate.:(
Talk about hijacking someones thread.

Bad form

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Is the import of tritium as heavily restricted? If it is then they would not be able to use this compass as they are imported inot the states from Finland.

Tritium distribution is controlled by licenses issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. I don't know much about the details but the import and export of tritium-coated gun sights (with a similar amount of tritium) is heavily restricted.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
It's a very good match safe! A bit heavy, so I usually only carry it in Winter or jacket weather ( hunting, fishing, scouting ) In Edmonton Alberta Canada that's most of the time lol. In summer i carry a marbles boy scout style match safe and my "True Nord" brass mini compass ( a bit $$$ but worth it, I demagnetized mine by accident 2 yrs ago, the Owner of the Co. fixed it and sent it back free , it's also been set for my general area.) I love both set ups and I would carry both if I didn't care about looking obsessive, which of course I am. ;)

PS: just a tip, use either a light coating of graphite lubricant, or Vaseline on the "O- rings". This will make opening and closing easier plus help them seal better and last longer too!

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry if this is old news but someones now selling a version of the big REI stormproof matches as reccomended for the larger version of the KM match safe,

3KMmatchsafes.jpg

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/ucolight-my-fire-stormproof-matches-2859-p.asp

Dear but less hassle than smuggling them in from the US or getting russian astranought matches off ebay!

ATB

Tom

And yes I did cut down the bottom one to fit UK strike anywhere kitchen matches. Which incidentally none of my local super markets now sell, just the crappy safety ones, pah!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE