Just Seen 'Avatar'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Well, I just got round to seeing 'Avatar' last night.
I must say, it is quite a spectacular film.
But also very thought-provoking. As I watched the film it raised some very important issues that had my mind whirring all the time. Equally, when I left I couldn't help but think about the most important aspects of the film.
Namely, where can I get digital multi-cam from?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I watched it on Saturday night with the mrs, good film with some amazing CG but I thought the ending was v. poor.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I thought the plot was a bit simple and cheesy but it's the most visually stunning film of all time IMO

Drew are you serious? You do realise Top Gun, although being a good film, does have a certain erm....following?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
in effect its pocohontas in space, however its still very good. i convinces SWMBO to see it over wolfman and she loved it. we also saw it in 3D which was kewl, i liked the floaty bits and whatnot flashing in front of your eyes.

Alessio

Mar 3, 2010
Swansea, Wales
I've watched it four times >.< I especially love how the Na'vi perform their hunts, from the way they hold their arrows and shoot their bows, to the way that they painlessly execute their prey. Its pretty awesome =D

@Drew: The first Star Wars films were pretty good and the later ones are.... yes, well.... Still, I never saw Top Gun, but I've heard... lots of varying reviews. Still, Avatar is my favorite film of all time, so far =].

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
its the third greatest movie of moden times with number 2 being any star warz movie and number one being Top Gun

Drew are you serious? You do realise Top Gun, although being a good film, does have a certain erm....following?

A mate of mine studied media for "A" level (get em for anything these days:rolleyes:) and he assures me of the same thing...:pokenest:

Simon

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Pocahontas meets Gaia.

Good, even excellent, special effects, how they manage to make a 7 foot tall blue alien with odd hair and a tail look attractive is particularly impressive.

Story was, to be nice, simplistic at best.

Richard

Biker

I saw Avatar while I was in the UK with my best mate over Christmas, he got an evening's pass from his missus. Being here in France I'm well out of the current news loop so I walked into the cinema without a clue what I was about to see, no exaggeration. I did not know what it was about, didn't even know it was sci-fi until the opening scredits had finished and I saw seeing a space ship.

2+ hours later when it had finished we came out stunned. It hit nearly every button on my "I want a film to be like this" list. My best mate felt the same and it takes a lot for him to give a decent rating for a film. Got to be the best sci-fi special effects film I've ever seen.

Seamless special effects, mind blowing vistas, the floating mountains gave me vertigo, the armada of helicopter gunships and that spaceshuttle on steroids was so real I wondered how they got them to fly. The home tree looked like it should taller than the twin towers were several times over ... I could go on.

Once I'd come down off of my high having seen it I thought it was a bit "Dances with Wolves" but in a good way. I missed out on seeing it in 3D I thought about it but just didn't believe the hype could be that good. I kick myself now for not going now, but dem's the breaks.

Star Wars? okay, now you're scaring me :rolleyes:. Top Gun Hmmm mebbe, my best mate would agree with you on that.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
If its so good then why did it get such poor reviews?

Also, the accidental nipple shots were, apparently, not accidental...

Biker

If its so good then why did it get such poor reviews?

Also, the accidental nipple shots were, apparently, not accidental...

Search me :dunno: I'd read on a lot of forums while looking for images of the film and found people slagging it off, some even said they're not even going to bother watching it, which in my opinion is just ignorant to the extreme. How can you slag something off if you don't have an informed opinion to start with? Basing it on "I've heard..." is just dumb.

Maybe they just don't like Cameron's films.

Nipple shots? hmmm I must have missed those, D'oh!:banghead:

If you haven't seen it Tengu, but you like Sci-fi with plenty of action and pure escapism the you won't be disappointed. If you're hoping for a Hugh Grant, Notting Hill type romantic comedy you will be disappointed. :rolleyes:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, I was looking for something less blue, less hammocky and more cerebilal

Amd that doesnt yank my eyes out though my....nipples.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
very true, although they cut the "love" scene for the cinema, apparently it'll be on the dvd release *shrug* i'd be happy not to bother i just enjoyed watching it all! the environment and then the big guns :D

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
gents yes i do know top gun has a certain type of following and all i am going to say is NOT BOTHERED

secondly i am a jedi

thirdly avatar is ausome

drew

ps lav in regards to troy yes i probably should have loved it but it was rubbish and i hated it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE