Just a thought.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Years ago I was the only one of my friends who didn't smoke... now I'm the only one who does. When I didn't smoke I was a snob now that I do, ... I'm antisocial etc.
Always have at least three lighters on me.
Have tried all the gum patches etc and nothing worked.I have bust three Vape pens in two years and don't need to use electric to make a rolly!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Years ago I was the only one of my friends who didn't smoke... now I'm the only one who does. When I didn't smoke I was a snob now that I do, ... I'm antisocial etc.
Always have at least three lighters on me.
Have tried all the gum patches etc and nothing worked.I have bust three Vape pens in two years and don't need to use electric to make a rolly!

Billy Connelly had a great term he used for the bands of smokers banished to far away corners for their illicit puff.

He called them "Snoutcasts".

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I miss not carrying a lighter since packing in the evil cigs years ago. Cigs are evil, they are not your friend, its not your "choice" to smoke, its the nicotine keeping you smoking. Nicotine is a very clever drug.

I tried all sorts to pack in, even those ridiculous vapes. If anyone out there wants to pack in then read https://books.google.co.uk/books/ab...p_read_button&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Apologies if its sounds like a harsh approach but cigs are evil and need to be an embarrassing memory of our social past.

Anyone know of a decent deal on a good quality peanut lighter ? :) Had several cheap ones which have either been massive so useless to EDC or leaked.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I was having a conversation on this with a friend just the other day - how seldom one sees a smoker (as opposed to a vaper) these days.

On the odd occasion I do see a smoker they generally fall in to one of two categories - either female, or of an older generation.

I've never been a smoker myself. I put that down to the fact that none of my friends at school smoked so I didn't have the peer pressure. By the time I got older and had friends who did smoke I was old enough that I didn't have to conform.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I have noticed the same. Unusual to see a smoker, or even get a whiff of tobacco smoke.
I am one of those that gave up. 3.5 years now.
Apart from not coughing all the time, I do not feel any healthier.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I also gave up years ago and I do find myself looking in my pockets for a lighter that is no longer there fairly regularly!
We have lots around the house and a couple in the car though.
On the Match-related discussion though, have you noticed the profusion of "display' matches that seem to be popping up everywhere? Posh printed box and designer name on a giant box of about twenty six-inch-long matches! I saw some the other day which were £12 for a box of 20 matches. To be fair the sticks were so huge you could have used them for firedrills! Bonkers! :pompus:

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
Giving the cigarillos up now in favour of vaping. Whatever comes in the future, I always have a bit of fatwood, ferro rod and my Opinel on me. I've got fire wherever I go

Here in sunny Spain, cigarettes are 4.60€ a pack - pocket change, in other words - so I haven't experienced the shortage of peripherals.

Whilst I adore smoking tobacco - cigarettes, cigars, pipes (I still occasionally suck on one of my empty pipes), for health reasons, my wife and I switched to vape kit some years ago - although we'll occasionally buy a packet of smokes on a night out, because, since moving from Paris (where they were about 6.70€ a pack) to my wife's home of Galicia, we've realised that, here, our vaping is slightly more expensive than cigarette smoking!

Anyway, a typical Spanish kitchen drawer is always full of Clippers and Bics - to light BBQs and wood burners - and I still feel naked without a full working zippo in the left pocket of trousers/ shorts (fluid and flints live in the 'bits and bobs' pouch of my pack).

Reactions: plastic-ninja

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE