Junkyard Bushy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Junkyard Bushy
one of my first attempts at forging using my own charcoal bathtub forge, the blade is from a landrover leaf spring, the scales are from an old piece of tufnol rod the blade was tested with hardness files and comes out greater than Rc55 but less than Rc 60 and passed the brass rod test ok.
Blade flat ground 120 x 26 x 4mm
OAL 235mm
will make an ideal work knife
Handle tufnol with 6mm brass pins and 6mm lanyard tube
sheath from 3mm veg tanned shoulder with dangler (as per photo)

£35 inc postage

Copyofwoodloreclone025.jpg

woodloreclone022.jpg

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
thats really good looking knife man.I have forged few big,kukri styled knives from 8mm thick leaf springs,they sure need some banging but the results are worth the effort.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Damn & dratt.....Missed it
A landy knife...Love the texture to the body of the blade :)

If you plan to make another at this amazing price Ian please put me down for one.

Have you posted any pix of you working at your forge and the forge itself? Love to see it in action.

Cheers
Craeg

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Damn & dratt.....Missed it
A landy knife...Love the texture to the body of the blade :)

If you plan to make another at this amazing price Ian please put me down for one.

Have you posted any pix of you working at your forge and the forge itself? Love to see it in action.

Cheers
Craeg

Hi Craeg

I'm planning to do a run on rough and ready users made from recycled materials, with blades made from saw blades, coil & leaf springs and handles from what ever is to hand, I will be using a combination of forging and stock removal.

Ian

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Must admit , I've never knew Landys had springs before , must be an optional extra.

Great Knife. Do some more.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I really did get in, just in time, on this one:D

I'm really looking forward to it arriving, it certainly looks the business.

Ha! I've just had a bit more read through the rest of the thread, ref Land Rovers:lmao:
Well, if its half as good as some of the other Land Rover modifications you see around, it'll certainly do me:drive:

all the best

Steve

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE