My Latest User.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
This was intended to be my showpiece knife but I messed up the filework and after that there is no going back so it was put on the back-burner for a while. It's difficult to continue when you know your error is unfixable. Your heart just sinks! But anyway I put it together as my new user. After all it is still a functional knife. I did proceed to mess up the sheath too with some new leatherworking tools I bought. I didn't have any scrap leather to practice on and I got carried away with the stitch groover..........Yeah, I can laugh about that too now!:mad: I'll need to pick up a leather hammer as well.
5mm 01 steel,OAL 225mm,blade 112mm and 29mm wide . Handle is green canvas micarta with red liners. Pins are 5mm stainless in a 6mm brass tube. Lanyard is 6mm brass tube.Sheath 3.5mm veg-tanned leather dangler dyed with vinegaroon.
Still a bit more polishing and sharpening to do but essentially finished.

Comments, tips,tricks methods of improvement etc. will be taken on board. Even if you just want to point out some more mistakes feel free as there are a few to choose from.:D
Darren.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I don't see anything to fret about there at all; I know I'd be very pleased to make such a tool :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Got to agree with the other comments I can't see any so called flaws matey it looks stunning. 👍 top job

Sent from somewhere?

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Thanks for the comments guys. I got a bit too file happy and lost the original shape on one section of filework and had to bring the rest down to look the same. Lost the intended pattern and symmetry. Still looks ok but it isn't what I was intending. This is a very risky pattern in my view?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Now you point it out clearly it's defective. Not sure how you could live with it. Staring at the mistake day after day. Reminding you where you went wrong.

Tell you what, I'll do you a favour and take care of it for you. Out of site out of mind....

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
Now you point it out clearly it's defective. Not sure how you could live with it. Staring at the mistake day after day. Reminding you where you went wrong.

Tell you what, I'll do you a favour and take care of it for you. Out of site out of mind....

I've messed up a few over the years and still got most of them, so I've got used to looking at them and living with them.I'm only making knives because I enjoy doing it so it doesn't really matter to anyone but myself. Learned some more from this one though.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've messed up a few over the years and still got most of them, so I've got used to looking at them and living with them.I'm only making knives because I enjoy doing it so it doesn't really matter to anyone but myself. Learned some more from this one though.
I was joking mate. I'd be proud to own it!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's a great knife mate! My heart would be full of joy if is made something half that good! It'll serve you well mate :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE