orange g10 fixed utility knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
this is an early knife of mine given a new lease of life. i made it almost a year ago (no makers mark) has had a lot of use by me around the house and garden since. the bevels were ground free hand on a clarke 1x30! and despite being heat treated in a charcoal forge it turned out very good even by my later standards! taking a razor edge, hardness around 58-60. has been re worked over the last few days, blade sanded, given a new "wrap around" 3 part handle and leather sheath. its made from 6mm o1 carbon steel with orange G10 scales and brass pins. overall length 253mm, blade cutting length 107mm, blade thickness 6mm. full flat grind. sheath made from 4mm veg tan leather.
easy to find if dropped on a forest floor!

asking £90 including UK delivery, paypal preferred all fee's included

thanks for looking

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Very nice. The hole in the bottom, whats its function? The only other knife Ive seen that on is a Busse.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Very nice. The hole in the bottom, whats its function? The only other knife Ive seen that on is a Busse.

it doesnt really have any function was just a cosmetic thing, i made three at the same time, one with two holes (top and bottom), this one with one and another with none. i made them quite a while ago when i first started making knives. when i found out the single hole was a busse trademark i stopped putting holes in the guard. have had this knife around the house ever since using it occasionally. its a good blade so gave it a full refurb and new sheath

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
That's a lovely job you've done there.

I have to say the scales aren't my cup of tea but it's still lovely.

Good luck with the sale, that looks like a bargain for somebody!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not a fan of the blade shape Mark. Too wide for my tastes. But, you have done a cracking job blending the handle together!!

Worth every penny, and then some! :)

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Not a fan of the blade shape Mark. Too wide for my tastes. But, you have done a cracking job blending the handle together!!

Worth every penny, and then some! :)

thanks, yes its an old design from my first few months knife making. it chops well though for a smallish knife

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE