Jokkmokk - Sub Zero Trip - February 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Good job Dave. it makes my back hurt thinking about carring that lot thank god for the tobogons and thank you for the goodies.:) ...

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Judging by the amount of kit you're taking I'm assuming that you will be running a stall at Jokkmokk. Long way to travel for a car boot sale!:p

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Judging by the amount of kit you're taking I'm assuming that you will be running a stall at Jokkmokk. Long way to travel for a car boot sale!:p
You have given me an idea Imagedude rither than carring all that back dave and i can swap for sami gear:lmao: ...

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I could almost cry with envy!! :sigh:

Have fun, stay safe and return in good health..... allthough it isn't nearly as cold as it should be.

udamiano

On a new journey
Update folks!

The rivers and steams are not thick enough to walk on, local knowledge recommended not to go out on the ice.....

Stockholm train station does NOT have any baggage trolleys...

The sleeper cars are very small, and compact..

Locals very very friendly :)

And of course loads and loads of snow

aby3e3yn.jpg

Has snowed all day today and temp at -12 and falling :)

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Thanks for the info on the ice and temperture and those trees look very inviting. -12 is ok but i hope it gets a bit colder. Have fun and see you soon.

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I could almost cry with envy!! :sigh:

Have fun, stay safe and return in good health..... allthough it isn't nearly as cold as it should be.
Thanks RonW we will stay safe and keep of the rivers and steams and return in good health.:) ...

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
IMG_0106.JPG

That is my testfitting done :). I have got nearly everything in there (except for what I will be wearing) including 95% of the food for the trip. Looking to get some more meat from Lulea or the market. Just a few more bits (papers/gps etc) that will need to go in somewhere, but I feel confident it is going to fit. Haven't decided on whether I will be wearing a small backpack with drinks and some snacks and IFAK whilst pulling the pulka.

For this fitting I didn't pack the auger. Based on the info from Udamiano, I am going to look like a nutter lugging around an auger when the ice isn't thick enough to stand on ;)

Just a few more days....flying out on Sunday :cool:

Lennart

udamiano

On a new journey
Ok folks, further update on suitable pitches.

Opposite the campsite and bus stop is a yellow house. 50mtrs towards Jokkmokk is a track on the left marked "storknobben"
reqepyre.jpg

ajerunaj.jpg

100mtrs up the track, it is crossed by a second track there is a lake to the left and you can still see the yellow house
a6y4e8ed.jpg

Turn RIGHT West by North West. On this track marked "Hembygdsgården"
anynu7y8.jpg

In a few metres you will see a red "X" on a pole to the right
y8adeguv.jpg

Ahead of you are two "X" on poles
aze4ehu2.jpg

To the right. About half way between these markers you should see our tracks on the left. Follow the track 50Mtr into the woods over the ridge and choose your spot. Have checked with local TI and its ok to pitch here.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
I find those pics of deadpan Wayland pointing rather amusing !

Useful information.. but what's it like for firewood ? eg. dead standing, and is it OK to take it down ?

BTW, did your connecting bus/coach from the train drop you at the campsite OK ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE