Jokkmokk - Sub Zero Trip - February 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Pete, sure you really need a varmejacka as well as a down one? Nice-looking toboggan, I'm still not convinced I need one, as I'll be chalet based and planning to kip-out only for part of my stay can maybe travel a bit lighter. Lapland Outdoor hire-out ski pulkas, might use one of those for a few days if I can't find a cheap plastic thing.
i bought a cheap plastic sled off ebay for £6.99 with free postage and it just fits flat at the back of my plc bergen i am just going to strengthen the runners up with some alloy runners and add some climbing sling and d rings for kit attacment it doesnt take up hardly any room and could be binned before return trip

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
Im prety much done everything now, just need to perfact my packing for the flight. I will take some dried food if i can fit it in and get the rest other there. Me and Dave are going to share on the food bill and i really want to get a big piece of reindeer too, so that me and Dave can get fat. Dave and i would like to have you all over for a night of feasting in are shelter, if we all get time im sure we will have chance to do all the things we have been dreaming of doing. I am loving these tobogons they are a very clever idea.
And yours is looking very good Pete.

DUCky

Nomad
Aug 17, 2004
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Some inspiration Dave :)
I can't pack anything yet as its going to get used in 2 weeks. Still having an M90 parka struggle, sourcing one big enough to go over a down jacket with mitt space is proving difficult. 10 shops on the case now with no joy as yet!

Looking good Pete! Probably slick as well. Can't remember how often I slipped stepping on last years toboggan. Look forward to seeing the different performance of toboggan and pulka. See where each shines.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Pete, sure you really need a varmejacka as well as a down one? Nice-looking toboggan, I'm still not convinced I need one, as I'll be chalet based and planning to kip-out only for part of my stay can maybe travel a bit lighter. Lapland Outdoor hire-out ski pulkas, might use one of those for a few days if I can't find a cheap plastic thing.

The down is for wearing under the Parka if its really cold. I'm planning on spending time gazing at the stars up north and need to plan for -40 whilst being inactive . My present kit I believe is warm enough but theres no room to keep my mitts warm under the parka when I take them off and it feels restrictive TBH. Being a little colder up north and windier in the mountains I need max warmth. Add to that the weather patterns looking frigid and a higher chance of below average temps and I honestly want the security.

Nice job Pete.

Very nice Pete.

Thanks guys :)

Nicely done Pete

Still not started mine yet :( Might be taking the little pulk again if we get the snow

EDIT:

Are those whoopies tensioning the front end?

Cheers mate :) Yes, Amsteel whoopies. They worked well on the first one. I spliced them on like a fool :rolleyes:-will be removing the splice and clove hitching them on to reduce the length.

i bought a cheap plastic sled off ebay for £6.99 with free postage and it just fits flat at the back of my plc bergen i am just going to strengthen the runners up with some alloy runners and add some climbing sling and d rings for kit attacment it doesnt take up hardly any room and could be binned before return trip

They work well doubled up apparently, bendy bus style :)

Im prety much done everything now, just need to perfact my packing for the flight. I will take some dried food if i can fit it in and get the rest other there. Me and Dave are going to share on the food bill and i really want to get a big piece of reindeer too, so that me and Dave can get fat. Dave and i would like to have you all over for a night of feasting in are shelter, if we all get time im sure we will have chance to do all the things we have been dreaming of doing. I am loving these tobogons they are a very clever idea.
And yours is looking very good Pete.

Thanks dude :)

Looking good Pete! Probably slick as well. Can't remember how often I slipped stepping on last years toboggan. Look forward to seeing the different performance of toboggan and pulka. See where each shines.

Cheers bud, should be a little easier to avoid this time seeing its not snow coloured :lmao: Yes, its will be great to see how they all compare in use.

We need to find a hill to do some speed tests! :headbang: :naughty::crutch:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Snip> I really want to get a big piece of reindeer too, so that me and Dave can get fat. Dave and I would like to have you all over for a night of feasting in our shelter. < Snip

There might be some going cheap after the reindeer races if you ask the losing teams nicely...
sporty86.gif
4905.gif

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Some inspiration Dave :)

DSCN1163_zpsce2f032e.jpg

DSCN1162_zps52c22028.jpg

I can't pack anything yet as its going to get used in 2 weeks. Still having an M90 parka struggle, sourcing one big enough to go over a down jacket with mitt space is proving difficult. 10 shops on the case now with no joy as yet!

Good work fella !! Good work indeed

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Are we there yet .. Are we there yet .. Daaddd I said are we there yet

Have loads of fun and keep safe, or Julie will blame us and we don't want that ::lmao:

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Looks superb i hope you get some good lights and photographs to go with them, hope you all have great trip and look forward to seeing a write up and photos its not long now.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The weather gods are with us this time :)

-10 here last night and snow has been lying for nearly a week, with more to come tomorrow and over the weekend :bigok:

I changed the brakes on the van yesterday at -2, clutching cold spanners with bare hands and they stayed warm, I'm getting acclimatised at home!. Jobs a good'un. :)

Off to the Cairngorms next weekend aswell. Life doesn't get any better. Bring it on :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE