John & Val Lord at the Bushmoot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
John and Val Lord will be running an all day flint knapping workshop on the second day of the BushMoot (sat 29th) at Methyr Mawr this year.

Details of the BCUK BushMoot can be found here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=13133

Many of you will recognise John Lord from The flint knapping scenes in the TV series Ray Mears 'Bushcraft' on BBC2 and as the instructor of the Primitive Technology & Ancient Skills courses at Woodlore.

John and Val are recognised as some of the worlds most skilled flint knappers
us.jpg

The class is limited to 15 people and there will be a small additional charge of £11.60 per person to cover the costs of materials and travel expenses as John and Val live at the other end of the country and as there is no natural flint near the moot site they will be bringing it all with them!

Please let us know as soon as possible if you wish to attend due to the limited class size places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis

if there is sufficient interest we may arrange a second all day course for the Sunday

the BCUK team and members at a recent knapping workshop with John and Val:
braziers.jpg

some examples of John and Vals work:
harlaxe.jpg

beaker.jpg

barb.jpg

arrows.jpg

sol.jpg

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
hi stuart. not quite sure where to register for the flint knapping at the bush moot (if theres still any spaces), so i thought id just post a reply here, hoping it finds its way to the right source. anyway id like to book two spaces (nik and simone). thanks

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I was wondering this aswell as I needed to book a place for Karen who missed it last year. Tony told me I could pay via the paypal shop.... just mark the payment flintknapping at the moot or some such.....

Ed

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
pignuts said:
hi stuart. not quite sure where to register for the flint knapping at the bush moot (if there’s still any spaces), so i thought id just post a reply here, hoping it finds its way to the right source. anyway id like to book two spaces (nik and simone). thanks

Ah sorry I missed a vial piece of information there :togo:

To register for a place you need to post here saying you want a place (this allows me to keep a list of who is going) and either send a cheque made out to 'Bushcraft Media Ltd' to:

BushcraftUK
The Old Mill
SA44 5YW

OR

Pay via PayPal to shop@bushcraftuk.com with 'flintknappingmoot' in the subject.

Obviously you need to actually have a ticket for the moot in order to attend the workshop.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'd like to do this please. I haven't yet signed up for the moot, but I'll do that later this morning when I've a little more time. Hope that's OK.

Payment sent by paypal for moot and flint knapping.

buffalobill

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2005
Wales
I am very interested in this. I will send separate payments via PayPal for the knapping and the moot.

Looking forward to it. :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
How can I let this pass,
Can you add my name to the list for saturday Stuart.
Payment to follow once I get my bank in order.

Many thanks

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, you're on the course, I'm not sure of the exact number but I know there's still a bit of space for pre booked people. I know that there's people turning up at the event that would like to go on it but those that have prepaid get in first.

If there's enough people for the Sunday John would probably run another one as well :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE