Jeremiah Johnson

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just watched a YouTube vid by Survival on Purpose and in it he suggested you watch a 1970 film called Jeremiah Johnson. Thought I'd have a look and it's about someone becoming a mountain man. Loads of skills being shown like sleeping out in the snow, making peg holes in a cabin and making hinges. Well entertaining even though classed as a western :) well glad I watched it

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Aye, that's a good film that. Remember watching it in Sunday afternoon, sprawled on floor in front of the fire while rain lashed down. Horses fed, watered, boxes cleaned out, time to put our feet up before the evening feed. Good times.

My Grand kids stayed with me while school was out for a week and a half of foul weather in January and I got them to watch Jeremiah Johnson. They were very doubtful at first - No aliens or special effects of any kind you know - but now it's one of their favorites too. Great movie.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I found out about Jeremiah Johnson from an 80's movie called Red Dawn. He is a role model for the partisan kids.

When I found the Robert Redford movie I was a bit disappointed but I will revisit it. Beats a lot else on TV!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"Can you skin grizz pilgrim?" [video=youtube;LYs2Iwoc_Ss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYs2Iwoc_Ss&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Haven't seen that for a long time; that's my weekend film sorted! Thanks for the reminder, cracking film. I had a yearning to watch 'where Eagles dare' earlier!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OurAmericanCousin

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2015
SoCalUSA
Entertainment value - 9.5

Resource/research value - 2.5

Watch it for fun. Not to base any historical research on. And yes, I have copies on disc and previously VHS. You can also read the book by Vardis Fisher.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE