Japanese Water-stones where to get them for a decent price?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hello guys,

I’m looking to buy a set of Japanese water stones and I’m hoping to find some address that will sell decent quality water stones in 800 – 1200 – 6000 (or 8000) grid .

I’m still not sure if I should go for natural or artificial water stones and if I should get a combination stone with something like 1200/8000 grit that I have read about, instead of 2 individual stones of these grid sizes.

Does anyone know of a good address to order them without the need to first get a second mortgage on the house ;)

I can have them shipped to an UK address as I will see a colleague of mine in just over a month so he could take them with him.

If anybody has a set lying around that still is in good nick and wants to sell them, please let me know.

The first knife that I will use on these stones will be my new RM Woodlore, to remove the inconsistent “hollow” bevel grind that the knife came with.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Grez,

Thanks a lot, I think I found a nice set, 2 stones (800 and 6000 grit) , stone holder, nagura stone and I'll add an 1200 grit stone + a little something as I then reach 45 BP for free shipping ;)

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Glad to be of help. ;)

I used mine for the first time today, and I am very impressed, it’s just a shame my knife sharpening skills leave something to be desired.

Grez..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE