Jammy git!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I found an astounding bargain today, at the local rubbish tip.
it''s one that is allowed to sell a few random things that are destined for landfill but might make a few quid for beer tokens, they have a small sales area, everything is only ever a few quid.

Today I noticed an US Army belt with Waterbottle pouch attatched, I used to own Alice kit so I kew it was real, I had a quick look felt for the canteen cup and new it was there too, not mucky just looks dusty like it's sat in a shed for years.

Bought it home and looked more closely, the pouch needs a slight repair where stitches have come loose but it's all pretty good condition.

So now comes the interesting bit, it's all genuine:

The canteen cover is felt lined canvas and dated 1945!
The canteen cup is aluminium and dated...1945!
The plastic 1 quart canteen with NBC lid is dated 1973! (the lid was probably added after 1973)
The belt is Genuine US Army ALICE LC2.

I looked at the average combined prices for used dated kit and it comes to around $40-$50 the cup alone is worth aroud $25!

and all for £1
:D:D:D
just in case you're wondering I'm the jammy git! ;)

(yeah, I know aluminium isn't good for cooking)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I have considered ebay, but I'm thinking of keeping it with a few other bits of quite unusual and rare kit I have collected. I'm sure the prices will go up higher over time!
I might end up adding it all to my will ;)

Good thing is I never spent huge amounts of cash, it was collected over years, most of it came from car boot sales and charity shops and even swaps on BCUK!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yeah, me too.

Ive found no end of stuff chucked out over the years.

Living on a campsite is a good way to score stuff. 3 pairs boots, bucket BBQ, feather and down quilt.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Found nearly new pair of aproach trainers for £6.99 at a charity shop, and a brand new British army shirt (new camo) for £3 not worn as it still has the makers lables attatched!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE