Jack of all trades - master of none/ or...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I'd avoid it.

An axe/hatchet and a billhook could be had for not much more, and would be more capable (though heavier).

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
This 'thing' looks so awesome that I have just ordered 6 of them. I can't wait to try it out and since I figure ten fingers/toes is way to many anyway, and it's pay day, this may be the ultimate 'Thing' to buy. I will update you from A&E on the usefullness of this tool. :joke:;)

seriously though I agree with others, it looks like it would do more damage than good.

I'll get me coat..

Ste

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
As a matter of interest do other people lose respect for retailers that sell tat like this? One of the things I like about Woodlore, backpacking light etc. is that they don't sell rubbish. This gives me confidence in the things they do sell.

"Chacun a son gout" as they say here in France - "each to his own" as I would translate in the vernacular.

The holy grail "ultimate all in one bushcraft tool" wasn't invented by our forebears (who did it full time) for a very good reason - it doesn't exist.

Red's point is a good one - namely, you have to question the integrity of retailers who sell stuff like this.

Future archaeologists will unearth some of these, rusted and totally unused, and think: "***?"

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
As a matter of interest do other people lose respect for retailers that sell tat like this? One of the things I like about Woodlore, backpacking light etc. is that they don't sell rubbish. This gives me confidence in the things they do sell.

Depends on how much of they stock, I think.

Greenman seems to have pretty sensible stock baring that one item, given how much wacky nonsense is put out by companies like Coldsteel, even fairly well respected companies like Tops seem to get it all wrong occasionally.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
That was the first thing to come to my mind when i saw that heap of crap

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So BR, what about Heinnie?
They offer a lot of this kind of thing

I certainly don't trust that items they sell are well made or fit for purpose. They aren't the cheapest either. None of my recent purchases came from them.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
in my eyes heinnie are respected for thier quality of service rather than the stuff they sell.....there is some real tat on there

I suppose they are a bit like a supermarket. you gotta respect the range of stuff under one roof, but inevitably some of it is awful

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE