Sold Lie Nielsen 5 1/2 Jack Plane

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
For Sale: Lie Nielsen 5 1/2 Jack Plane
£375
inc tracked and signed for postage to UK mainland. Can take Paypal, or BT.

Very lightly used, one owner from new, comes with original box, no leaflets. Not razor honed, but sharp enough and tuned right now to cut 0.0015" thick shavings off some seasoned holly. Few tiny corrosion dark spots on sole and sides...looking at the photos, they are really tiny, but I cannot quite call this immaculate, despite it being almost unused.

For reference, these have been very hard to source in the UK over the last few years, only place I know is Classic Hand Tools, where they are currently out of stock at £540. There is one on eBay for £450 and one in the sold listings without its box that went for £390. This is a real heirloom quality tool. I have tuned up a couple of smoothing planes, but Lie Nielsen is nicer, and in my view they are more comfortable than the Veritas planes. This Jack has enough mass to work on a shooting board.

Best regards

Chris

IMG_7686.JPGIMG_7678.JPGIMG_7679.JPGIMG_7680.JPG
IMG_7681.JPG

IMG_7682.JPGIMG_7684.JPGIMG_7691.JPG

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'm not after it as I've got twentysomethinglostcount planes already.
Iv'e been getting a few Lignum Vitae soled woodies recently and so far been quite impressed with em.
However I am a particular fan of the 5 1/2 size of jackplane and Lie Neilson does make some very nice versions in the Bedrock style.

If you'd caught me at about December when I get a load of tax back and am feeling flush enough to get another thing I don't really need I might have taken yer hand off.
It's a nice bit of kit and should sell with ease.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE