Ivan's big Dartmoor meet - the aftermath - probably pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 6, 2011
none
Im not telling what the proper prize is , but the booby prize will be Badgers , Canadian kayak paddle ! you will need a hand to carry it off site though , unless he has refined it , you know with a chainsaw or similar

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
I have a suggestion for the site! :)

a serious one too, yes really :p

where we were camped could perhaps do with a plank across the stream, not because we are too lazy to jump across, but a couple of times the bank gave way a little and i can see in time that damage would occur. there is a crossing point a little higher up by the fire circle, but we tended not to use that as it meant traipsing through other peeps spots

just a thought and as i say, one meant more to preserve the integrity of the bank then create extra convenience

if you have a plank, i will happily set it in place for you :) intend to camp down there again as we like the choice of quiet "wildness" with the option of joining the more social atmosphere at the top end :)

btw, did find the other pit that was dug, nicely sited with inbuilt privacy, when you said there was one already there, near the boundary, i didn't realise quite how close and didn't go searching further than i got as had the thunderbox in my arms at the time! lol

Feb 6, 2011
none
No problem Jon, i will put a plank down , but let you install where best for you and i will reserve that spot for you as if the tribe do come no doubt you will be bringing the marquee !! and your choice of situ for the ablutions area was fine , you must have looked stylish walking all around the woods with that box under your arm!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
No problem Jon, i will put a plank down , but let you install where best for you and i will reserve that spot for you as if the tribe do come no doubt you will be bringing the marquee !! and your choice of situ for the ablutions area was fine , you must have looked stylish walking all around the woods with that box under your arm!

cheers, will have fun bridge building (sounds like a management away day!) might even have a go at finding some good branches and rigging up rails and maybe some withy balustrades! lol

as for the marquee (we do love our bell tent even with the weight of the damn thing)... was thinking on the way home that maybe i should bung our big tent (a really big tent.... 35+sqm) that we don't really use any more onto fleabay and replace with a couple of more backpack friendly geodesics. It will only be a couple of years now before both the kids will want their own tents rather than sleep in with us and we would get more use of of those tents then we do out of our big one (was bought for longer term camps and to be able to take "guests" (had Cory's tenth birthday party in it at a rainy festival once, 8 kids and several adults with room to spare for the picnic in the middle, gives and idea of the size!)

and thank you for the compliment that i am hefty enough to carry the thunder box under one arm, took both arms and several rests to get it that far! the heaviest thing i lift on a daily basis is my cup of tea and i have that delivered to my desk on most occasions ;)

Feb 6, 2011
none
Well what a day , savagebushcraft , must have a voodoo quad and pin , coz i went up to the site today to finish off tidying up and ..guess who got the quad stuck , anyway after much grunting and swearing , no budge so had to call Badgers mountain quad rescue , there within the hour , about 10 mins and free , the next 3 hours shooting talking rubbish , sorry i mean organising and planning the next meet , all of a sudden it was time to go , a big thanks Badger , now time to invest in an all terrain vehicle !!

Well what a day , savagebushcraft , must have a voodoo quad and pin , coz i went up to the site today to finish off tidying up and ..guess who got the quad stuck , anyway after much grunting and swearing , no budge so had to call Badgers mountain quad rescue , there within the hour , about 10 mins and free , the next 3 hours shooting talking rubbish , sorry i mean organising and planning the next meet , all of a sudden it was time to go , a big thanks Badger , now time to invest in an all terrain vehicle !!

I did nothing, honest, but my little nephew was playing with a quad shaped beanbag in the shop, which was right next to the sewing kits.......:rolleyes:

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Wonderfull time. I am now a pit lamb convert. Was the most wonderfull flaver I have ever tasted.

Thanks everyone for a great time. Ivan I will try to make it out again soon.

Feb 6, 2011
none
Was gong to camp again tonight ! such a beautiful day but Badger and his tribe are coming tomorrow to work/camp so thought it best for a night in the bed ! and after setting hammock and tarp(upside down at first ) and being a bit of a wimp (first time, tent right beside ) will save it for tomorrow ! why am i worried seems fine in daylight for 10 mins ! also my youngest is coming to camp on Weds night so dont want to make a pig of myself , difficult though ! Why oh why do we have to live in the real world ?

Was gong to camp again tonight ! such a beautiful day but Badger and his tribe are coming tomorrow to work/camp so thought it best for a night in the bed ! and after setting hammock and tarp(upside down at first ) and being a bit of a wimp (first time, tent right beside ) will save it for tomorrow ! why am i worried seems fine in daylight for 10 mins ! also my youngest is coming to camp on Weds night so dont want to make a pig of myself , difficult though ! Why oh why do we have to live in the real world ?

Should have said you needed a work party. could have given you a hand. I know exactly what you mean about the "real" world

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE