Its oh so Quiet............SSSSHHHHHHHHH !

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've been updating the JOA thread LINK and reading and posting on here, doing a washing, was up late and again early looking for bits of flaming rock falling fro the sky, had a cup of coffee - first in ages can feel the buzz. Thinking about washing and proofing some jackets, but yes boy hasn't it been quiet on the threads. They'd better not be having fun though, SPLITTERS!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I harvested wheat yesterday. Today I plan to gather some of the seeds I have set up for saving to offer on here to the "wild gardeners". I have high hopes for both the sorrel and "Welsh onion" that we are propagating. If time permits I'll harvest a load of parsnips. We released the bees gathered into a nucleus today as well - after two days of confinement they were not happy.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Work, then straight back to moot at 5.30 this afternoon!

When work gets in the way I slump out of my hammock at 5-6am and drive straight to work from there.
Now that's commitment!
:)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Was up at 6am, straight down the allotments to let the animals out and feed/water them. Back here, harvested one of our 4 blueberry bushes, got a huge bowl full. Started work at 8 , sorted 4 RWL-34 blades out, and literally just put them in the oven for heat treatment. Now i'm going to have some lunch, and then water all the plants we have at home. Once thats done, will be sorting the handle materials out for these blades in the oven, and starting on the sheaths until the HT process is complete. Once it is i will be cleaning the blades up ready for the handles putting on, then putting them on and i reckon that will be my day done. :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Mixed up a couple of litres of BBQ sauce for my daughter, good recipe had off an American chum and am now alone until tomorrow so as its 13:05 I may mix a pink gin for myself and watch a few episodes of Dad's Army before knocking up a curry for tonight :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Recipe for the barbecue sauce please Richard!

I just pressure canned 16 pints of barbecue beans with my recipe (based on tomato, red onion, garlic, muscavado sugar, black treacle and sweet paprika) but I love trying other peoples

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Caraway seeds
Sessame oil
Tomato ketchup
Crushed garlic
Chinese five spice
Diced and dry chilli (optional)
Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Celery salt

Optional : A bit Liquid smoke but I left it out today and be careful it can over power the other ingredients.

Can't give amounts as I mix by 'eye' but its very heavy on the tom ketchup. Its pretty much a bog standard sauce but pretty good if your bulk cooking (as the daughter is the weekend). Goes well with oven cooked belly pork too. I've not made this for a few years but it came out tasting good.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
DAMN you lot are very organised and incredibly productive lol

I've been teaching since 8.30am just got out of class and going into another one in 15 mins until 9pm :(

Looking at doing a Boom Town Rats cover but changing the lyrics to "I hate tuesdays" lol

Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been deleting hundreds of emails at work and catching up on projects, after two weeks relaxing on the west coast of Scotland it's back to work with a bump.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've spent the day at work making sure there was enough jobs on the board for my ranger team as I'm only holiday as of today. Managed to slip in time to visit the local beach and do some rock pooling with a group of kids from the local banardos. I'd like to attend the moot just need to team up with other folks in it near Glasgow to drive down. Although the idea if a Scottish moot is appealing!

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE