IT'S BACK!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
nice timing ! i just finished mine last final exame and it's online again. But than again i really didn;t studied well even without this forums. glad this place is back on again ! HOO-AH !

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
PC2K said:
nice timing ! i just finished mine last final exame and it's online again. But than again i really didn;t studied well even without this forums. glad this place is back on again ! HOO-AH !

ahh I've only had one so far and that was with a resit. still i have more time to revise since most of the are on 22 june onwards

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Gods be praised, dancing in the streets, jubilation on a biblical scale. I was beginning to seriously worry that I'd have to go out and get a life...

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
bigjackbrass said:
Gods be praised, dancing in the streets, jubilation on a biblical scale. I was beginning to seriously worry that I'd have to go out and get a life...

Now why would you want to go and do a thing like that??? :roll: :twisted:

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Andy said:
PC2K said:

ahh I've only had one so far and that was with a resit. still i have more time to revise since most of the are on 22 june onwards

Its good to be back. I haven't had any of my exams yet, got my first on Monday, and 11 throughout the week! :shock: What fun.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
ditchfield said:
Andy said:
PC2K said:

Its good to be back. I haven't had any of my exams yet, got my first on Monday, and 11 throughout the week! :shock: What fun.

well guys, good luck !
i'm crossing mine fingers that i had have finished mine last exames ever on mine highschool ! Will know in 2 weeks time, wheather i have past or not. But i got a positive feeling about this.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
PC2K said:
well guys, good luck !
i'm crossing mine fingers that i had have finished mine last exames ever on mine highschool ! Will know in 2 weeks time, wheather i have past or not. But i got a positive feeling about this.

Hey good luck with your exams.

Can I offer you a small tip.

I hope you dont think I'm being rude, but your English is sooooo good I cant help but think if you crack this one small thing, you'll be speaking like a native. :wink:

It's where you use the word "mine" when really you should use "my". It's difficult to explain the rule for personal pronouns, I guess most of us learn the difference by listening to our parents when we're kids and then later understand it better at school, but perhaps an example will help you understand the difference betweem "I, me, my, myself and mine".

This is my knife.
This knife is mine.
This knife belongs to me.

When I have finished my last exams...
These exam results are mine.

It's only when I think about it, it's actually quite hard to explain when to use one over the other, but it does look really odd when it's written incorrectly. Nothing to worry about though, even though it looks a little weird written that way, I understand your meaning perfectly.

"Mine" and "my" are pronouns that refer to posessions (knife, exam or whatever). If you use the pronoun before the posession you should use "my" (eg.. my knife, my exam etc), whereas if you use the pronoun after the posession you should use "mine" (eg.. knife is mine, results are mine etc). The word "mine" usually comes at the end of a phrase or sentance.

Again, hope you dont think I'm being rude. I thought you might appreciate the tip. :wink:

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I was convinced you were english and that was a typing error :-D but as Martyn noticed, it does reccur. Exellent explanation tho' Martyn.You should be a Teacher :wink: :lol: :lol:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
bushwacker bob said:
I was convinced you were english and that was a typing error :-D but as Martyn noticed, it does reccur. Exellent explanation tho' Martyn.You should be a Teacher :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I thought he was english too untill I saw he was from the Delft. I was amazed, and frankly a little ashamed I only speak the one language. :roll:

Dunno about being a teacher though - you should've seen me stumble through trying to explain to a mate why...

"I bought a pair of shorts" is correct and ...
"I bought a short" is wrong. :-D :-D

Trying to explain why a single item was referred to as a plural sent me in spirals. :lol:

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
YEP I felt pretty dim too! lots of our civilised nieghbours start kids an a bi-lingual education from nursery school.Its our national anglo saxon ethic that they should have to learn english if they wish to speak to us. DOH

leon-1

Well it's good to be HOME!!!! :-?

Unfortunately my fingers are now typing britishblades.com instead of bushcraftuk.co.uk, they have become more than a little confused in the search for bushcrafters and the bushcrafty. :-D

However BB have some good ideas that we may be able to use here along the lines of the passaround part of their forum which I believe is a very fine idea. :cool:

Anyway good to see all of your typing again. :wink:

Thanks Tone for all your hard work :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE