IT'S BACK!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
excelent, haven't known what to do whilst bcuk has been down, been keeping up with the gossip on bb, cheers all
sc :shock: :lol: :You_Rock_

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Champion we,re back. With bcuk being down for so long me and the wife rediscovered our marriage,but well now bcuk is back up and running it,s the single life for her again :cool:.

Good to be back though,
CHEERS STUART F.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
I hope you dont think I'm being rude, but your English is sooooo good I cant help but think if you crack this one small thing, you'll be speaking like a native.

is it really that good ? it's mine 3rd lauguages. Must have something to do with the countless forums on this subject ! I sometimes get the gramatics and spelling wrong, especially behind the PC. Mine brains are going faster than these hands. This working to improve it...

Mar 2, 2004
considering the spelling mistakes you come across from the natives ,id say your english is actually better than some ! lol

can you understand latin? as it seems to be quite prevalent and a foreign language is better than a dead one i believe :roll:

your english is v good m8 and communicates well in mine opinion.i understoods it muchly! thankyou please :wink:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Personnally I don't think it was pompous and I'm sure that P2K will tell us if he thinks it is. I know several people who are learning/learnt english and they're actually happy to have errors pointed out as it can give them a better understanding of the language. I think it depends on who you are and whether you're learning the language to be fluent or just to get by.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
if no one points out your mistakes you will never improve

it is difficult when learning a language to know if you have it right only by people helping you can you perfect a language

Latin is actually very useful if you are involved in science or Medicine

I'm usless at languages where as my wife speaks six different languages and learns with ease

I'm always in awe of people who can learn languages

Mar 2, 2004
lol ,no idea what your talking about wayne, but yes it would be a shame.

IF I HAVE OFFENDED ANYONE THEN I APPOLOGISE PROFUSELY TO ALL CONCERNED AND MAY I ADD THAT NO HARM WAS ,IS OR WILL BE INTENDED.ALSO THAT IM A HUGE SUNFLOWER OF A MAN AND WISH HAPPINESS TO ALL.PLEASE FORGIVE MY MISGIVINGS AND SPELLING MINCESTEAKS!

MAD MICHELLE :wink:

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
pete, i HAVE to argue about that !
I'm dutchie with chinese parents, so i can speak cantonees and dutch. And since english is one of those universal lauguages i know that too.
The rest are just small sentences and words i have picked up somewhere...
I can't speak any other lauguage on a proper manner, just that i can't speak the lauguages ! I got the record of lowest grades for mine german of the intire school ! French wasn't much beter, i can't even remeber much of what i did learned !

btw bought new canvas gaiters today :-D another excuse to go out in the woods...

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Lithril said:
Personnally I don't think it was pompous and I'm sure that P2K will tell us if he thinks it is. I know several people who are learning/learnt english and they're actually happy to have errors pointed out as it can give them a better understanding of the language. I think it depends on who you are and whether you're learning the language to be fluent or just to get by.

Absolutely. No pomposity intended at all.

The ONLY reason I commented, was because in my experience, every single one of my friends who do not speak English as a first language, actively seek to have thier errors corrected by thier friends. They see thier English friends as a resource from which they can learn. Perhaps this "attitude" towards learning is why so many none-English speak so many languages and why so many English people are infact "too pompous" to either offer help or seek it themselves. My English is very far from perfect, especially my spelling, but my grammer is reasonable and I am able to offer constructive criticism, as are many people.

TNB, if you have an issue with me banning you from BritishBlades, I suggest you take it up with me privately, rather than allow such obvious and transparent alteriors to affect your public comments.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Nice one Tone :biggthump
And of course, Martyn :biggthump

Cheers,

Jake

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You're back!
I'm back!

... WE'RE BACK :-D :-D :-D

Dave

Thanks to BB for letting us sit on their logs around their fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE