is this tarp any good for a starter kit

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've got one I use occasionally for covering gear with and it's ok but to be honest apart from its colour it's no different to a blue builders tarp. You can never seems to get them completely taut and they rustle in the wind. The other thing is it never seems to pack down that tight no matter what you do with them

You'd do better saving up your money and get a DD lightweight tarp or equivelant tarp from Decathlon Sports, both good tarps for the price and larger as well.

Feb 5, 2008
Datchet
£8.70 inc postage what harm can it do. if it fails it will be the eyelits. Buy two so if it fails you got a spare. At worst it will fail when you are actully using it and you might get wet while getting the spare out.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
thats great thanx every one. its better if i did go for the DD one i could always buy the other one to experiment in the garden and if it no good i could alway use it as ground sheet some day

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i want to bye a tarp, but i dont want to spend to much money, i found one on ebay but im not sure if its any good for shelter building, has anyone got one like this if so can you give me some feed back on it, also what kind of size shal i go for in a tarp.
many thanx

p.s the link to the one i found is here. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Army-camo-8-x...kparms=72%3A1688|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Yeah there`s nowt wrong with that monkey boy, like others have said it will definitely keep you dry. If you`re on a tight budget then go for it, I`d be tempted to save a few bob more and get something like a lightweight DD though.

Don`t suppose it`ll have loops for a ridgeline but you can always throw the tarp over the top.

If you`ve never slept under a tarp before and you decide you don`t like it then you`ve only lost £8.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
The eylets are crap and they pull though like toffee also The price is a rip off. They should be about three quid.

I will find a link for you to the proper ones at the right price

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
cool thanks. il like the look of the dpm one, squantrill have you got any images of the one your selling also how much would the p&p be

P

paintballvern

I f you don't want it monkey boy I'll be interested in it squantrill.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE