Is the countryside boring?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
A few more rifle ranges would sure lessen the boredom! With suitable backstops of course.;)

I mean, we could even establish one for Olympics and that could remain a useful facility after the gold has been distributed!:rant:

Just a thought Westminster:rolleyes:

Cheers

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
A few more rifle ranges would sure lessen the boredom! With suitable backstops of course.;)

I mean, we could even establish one for Olympics and that could remain a useful facility after the gold has been distributed!:rant:

Just a thought Westminster:rolleyes:

Cheers

Don't be silly, you don't need an Olympic-standard range facility to ensure legacy, even though you do need an Olympic-standard athletics facility to ensure legacy for those sports...

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
The farmers will eventually sell all their land for housing and golf courses - and then laugh about the locals complaining about the newcomers - while sipping their bacardis on a yacht in the Caribean.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
And now in France, Brits are buying up old farmhouses there as well!
They've done that for years! My brother lives in a small hamlet in the Perigord. There are about only 4 or 5 house/farms inhabited, one by my brother, and the others by elderly french people now (and a dog that came in to nick the cooked chicken when I was there :eek: )

The rest have been bought as 2nd or 3rd holiday houses by english people (RAF apparently) They are only there when the weather is good in the summer. The rest of the time the houses are all empty and the place is practically dead. Real shame. But then some of those houses had been up for sale for about 25 years!!

Very boring countryside there.....Walnut trees everywhere you look, small fields, river, hills, hummingbird hawkmoths...boars..how very boring...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
...The farmers will eventually sell all their land for housing and golf courses...

Or be forced to sell after they are banned from living in a mobile home on their own land!

Story here.

"Tina Johnston, 42, has lived on the 30-acre plot since 2004 growing boxes of fruit and vegetables which she sells to the local community.

But despite paying council tax, the ecologist and her nine-year-old daughter Grace have been ordered to leave the site following years of planning feuds.

Tina was told her self-sufficient farm is on greenbelt land and that she has no right to sleep there."​

Ignoring the Daily Mail gypsy slant, this woman wasn't trying to set up home in some verdant glade, it was a working farm and she had been living there for several years, it was her land. The council were happy for the mobile home to remain on her farm, she just wasn't allowed to sleep there!

:(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE