Is Scandy stuff worth the extra cost?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Just because gear is made in northern latitudes does mean its any better than UK made kit?

It seems that if coat has a funny brand name it means paying over the odds for it.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hey if people have the disposable income for it, why not? It certainly looks good and Im sure it works well.
I certainly don't so I just get what works best in my price range. My main concerns when buying gear are function and weight.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There's some bad and some very good, the same with any country

There's also a lot more choice, I can only think of a handful of UK companies making decent outdoor clothing these days.

My wardrobe is full of Scandy stuff and it's all good gear, similar options just aren't available from the UK

Greek1983

Forager
Jan 23, 2011
Athens, Greece
I like the products from companies like Norrona and Bergans, but these "Made in China" or "Made in Vietnam" tags combined with exorbitant prices... I mean, come on, do I have to pay that much for a product made in SE Asia?

I know, very few companies manufacture all or most of their products in their home country, but I'd rather spend 400 Euros on a Goose Down jacket wholly-made in Europe with strict quality controls than giving them to a company with factories somewhere in China with local suppliers of unknown reliability.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE