Is it the Moon?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Sadly they never do, if you remain silent they think you agree with them.

That is so completely true.

The vocal minority often mistake the silence of the majority to be support. Usually, nothing could be further from the truth. They usually just dont want to go toe-to-toe with the resident gob-on-a-stick, ...or rather the resident gob-on-a-stick and his six mates.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Guess I never was one to back away from a scrap...
Taz.gif

;)

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Guess I never was one to back away from a scrap...
Taz.gif

;)

It isnt a 'scrap' Gary, those happen when people disagree over something serious, usually involve too much drink, and usually end up with one or multiple people spitting blood and teeth onto the pavement. It is just an exchange of views on an internet forum. Anyhoo must go Corrie is on now.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
the old English word for lunatic (monaðseocnes) means "month-sickness." :eek:

And the word 'hysteria' comes from the Greek word for the uterus.
However, I suspect these examples tell us more about the misogynistic use of language than any insight into female psychology.

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
Very powerfull the moon.

I've never looked up about what infuence it has on people, but im sure it cant just be myth. Controls the tides and certain aspects of the weather, and, from what i've read, how plants germinate and grow.

I thought sriritofold would have given us more on this one considering his links to paganism

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
If you take a plate of live oysters, they open up at the exact time the tide would pass over that part of the land.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I suspect it's because there's folk on here that bite so quickly.

Really?

Now, this idea that that the full moon affects people's moods... ;)

(Sorry. I can't help myself!)

Seriously though, I must apologise for any part I may have had in precipitating this weekend's shenanigans. I spend three days on the allotment, I come back to find all sorts of goings on....

ecobandit

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
northumberland
everythings relevant,all things have their place, I thought wasp,s did,nt deserve a place on earth cos they did,nt seem to have any purpose other than to sting people and generally make life miserable but no!,a gamekeeper mate of mine say,s badger,s feed on wasp grubs apparently they love em!

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Lunatic in Polish essentially means sleep walker, no "crazy" connocations at all. Where do you think the prefix comes from [Luna]
In teaching kids are always more fractious and noisy when the wind is higher. No idea why but it does seem to hold true.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE