Is it possible to replace the scales on a Swiss army knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I would like to change the scales(the handle bits) i think there called on my Swiss army pocket goes everywhere with me pocket knife for wooden versions,is this possible and anyone know anyone who could do it ect.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
You can just prise the scales off (warm water first may help). There are a number of rather nice looking ones on BB but I can't find them. Just draw round the scales you pulled off on a bit of wood and the use expoy to glue them on.
I'm trying to work out a way of doing it that still allows me to have the tooth pick and tweasers.

Andy said:
You can just prise the scales off (warm water first may help). There are a number of rather nice looking ones on BB but I can't find them. Just draw round the scales you pulled off on a bit of wood and the use expoy to glue them on.
I'm trying to work out a way of doing it that still allows me to have the tooth pick and tweasers.
Why not just either carve out the slots with a scalpel, or use a dremel instead. Shouldn't be that difficult.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Go visit knifeforums and join the SOSAK. There are a number of guys doing some great scale replacements in a variety of materials (tweezers etc included)

They'll give you plenty of advice.

maximus otter

Sep 14, 2003
UK
Email the main UK dealers at the below address:

sales@burton-mccall.co.uk

They will send you replacements for your damaged scales free of charge. I know: I've done it.

The scales themselves pop off with a little effort. The new ones stud on easily. Merely place them in the right position, set the knife on a carpeted floor, then apply 13 1/2 stone of pressure!

mirage

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE