Is BCUK your homepage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Is BCUK your homepage?

• Yes

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 111 88.1%

• Total voters

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Can't imagine it being anything other than Google - ever :)

I tend to open a series of windows (using Ctrl-N) so that I can run searches and read
email / blogs / etc. concurrently. Google loads quickest so is the best for my starting
point. BcUK is definitely in my top 10 of things to check but I'm hoping to set up some
RSS feeds (once I work out how to do them!) to do stuff for me, mostly for work stuff
though.

-- edit -- I've just spotted Giancarlo's post; I might go down that 'Google Reader' route...

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Also I have a question before I head off to bed. In your head do you pronounce "BCUK"
as "bee see you kay" or "b'kuk"? I'm a fan of the latter to be honest :D

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
No, sorry but this is my 2nd page to check. This is my fun place the other has gotten to be too much like work, but I still enjoy most of it. If you guys were in the States or if I were in the Kingdom so we could visit in person this would most definitely be my number one! :D

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
nope - google is my homepage but then BCUK is the first site I load, swiftly followed by BB :D - they then sit minimised (or are viewed) for the rest of my session;)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I use IE but I have it set to about:blank so no homepage loads up when I open it. I prefer it that way as I can then decide what I want to see first each time I access the internet. I originally started doing this when I was having frequent hang-times connection problems on my internet service but now I've found I prefer it this way. It feels like i'm more in control of what I look at. Daft really but....

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
MSN for me. I got to BCUK last, after the boxing sites, news and weather. I do this because I spend much more time on here than I do the other sites, then I know I can take my time and browse / contribute to the threads at my leisure.

spoonman

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2007
Loch Garman
I tend to check my e-mail then a couple of other sites first & finally BCUK because I spend most of my time here!!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I use IE but I have it set to about:blank so no homepage loads up when I open it. I prefer it that way as I can then decide what I want to see first each time I access the internet. I originally started doing this when I was having frequent hang-times connection problems on my internet service but now I've found I prefer it this way. It feels like i'm more in control of what I look at. Daft really but....

Yes, about:blank too but that's because I'm a developer so constantly opening new browser windows to test stuff. Having a homepage set would just be annoying.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
"Bee see you kay" was my home page, but then I set it to Yahoo! so that I can check email before starting a session here. I did have my homepage set on multi tabs as Yahoo!, BCUK and British Blades, but the missus whined about it! Anything for a quiet life!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
This "about:blank" business - I'm intrigued. Is it just so that a 'camera ready' internet
page opens virtually instantly into which you can type or copy your URL of interest?

I just typed a:b into a spare window and instantly got a nice blank page. Having said
that I pretty much do always want Google as my first port of call so am not planning to
change anything but just wondered what the blank page was for, and if I've hit on the
reason by accident :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE