Is BCUK your homepage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Is BCUK your homepage?

• Yes

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • No

Votes: 111 88.1%

• Total voters

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bbc homepage for me, like to see the news in general and an outlook on the weather for my area, also radio 2 is there if I fancy some music.....

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
This "about:blank" business - I'm intrigued. Is it just so that a 'camera ready' internet
page opens virtually instantly into which you can type or copy your URL of interest?

I just typed a:b into a spare window and instantly got a nice blank page. Having said
that I pretty much do always want Google as my first port of call so am not planning to
change anything but just wondered what the blank page was for, and if I've hit on the
reason by accident :)

Yep. That's pretty much it. In Internet explorer it's an option in INTERNET OPTIONS. If you don't select a homepage it inserts about:blank and the blank screen comes up almost instantly ready to be directed wherever you may please :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Nope, New Scientist is mine.
Basically its science described in laymans terms, I get a brief overview of all sorts of things from it as some other science pages are too narrow focussed for me to really care about.

Dec 8, 2006
Derby
mine is a self authored menu page.it gives me access to google,wikipedia,dictionary.com and download.com from the same page with various links scattered around in sections around the form bars (news.bbc,here,dilbert etc).it has the advantage of everything together where I want it and because its held on my pc it loads instantly.

Used to be a web designer ;)

Edited to add : bee sea you kay

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
I have my isp providers standard home page but it never stays for long, Bee See You Kay is usually the first thing I check then email and then some general surfing. Most of my time on the internet is spent in here though.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Used to be but as I am having to re- log in practically everytime I visit I changed :(
It is still the second/third site I usually visit though depending on time :)

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Voted yes, but it is only my home page on my Fox Fire browser , my Explorer's Home page is one with local content ( news,weather,movie listings etc....). Best of both for me!!
:buttkick:

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
I voted no. My browser, IceWeasel, is set to open my bookmark.html file. Which combined with 'Find as you type' allows me to go straight to any page I like. Ctrl-<enter> opens the selected link in a new tab and use Alt-[1-0] to jump to the appropriate tab. There is a search facility at the top right which is usually on Google, but also allows me to directly search Wikipedia, Amazon or almost anything I care to add. IceWeasel is virtually the same as Firefox, so the way I use it will work for Firefox users. Keywords are good too. Ctrl-l jumps to the address bar and I key bcf to open the BCUK forum page.

So, while I regularly read these pages, it's only ever a few key strokes away so making it my homepage is unnecessary.

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE