Invitation to jungles of Belize

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
After a wonderful time on Dartmoor with members of BCUK Igor, our friend from the USA, has asked his new friends to join him for a week or two in the jungles of Belize.

He has property right on the coast which is jungle, mangrove and sea-front.

The propose time will be some time in Feb/Mar next year as this is when he plans to visit.

The exact date is yet to be established and even I don't know the location.

It seems I was wrong about the cost of flights in my previous post on the other thread - it seems to be much less than I said if you are prepared to accept flights at very unsociable hours. A friend of mine travels to Mexico regularly and suggests trying the Flight Centre 02074361942 to get a quote.

Any provisional takers? Once there are a few Igor will take over from me and start giving exact details and firming up arrangements.

ATB

Paul

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
You Bad man Paul , Katie has access to this very sensitive material !! so double bubble or no can go ! once a little more about exact location and dates are available , even if by PM , Then perhaps the crazy Dartmoor gang could go all international ..

PS thanks for the invitation Igor ...

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Hello everybody!
As Paul mentioned my invitation is very informal. I wouldn't mind people come to visit, camp or just enjoy the jungle in that part of the world. I travel there often and my dates are very flexible, based of work load in the office.
If and when people start responding with their wishes and their available times to travel - I could adjust the schedule to fit most of the group. As far as location - Northern District of Belize - Corozal district. The closest civilized Mexican city is - Chetumal.
IG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Hi Ivan,
If you would go to www.maps.google.com and type Chetumal, "Quintana Roo, Mexico" it will show you the Chetumal Bay. Go SE across the bay and you will be in the area of bush where I reside.
From Cancun to Chetumal (which is the border town between Mexico and Belize) is approximately 5 hours to drive via decent highway. The buses are available, also the flights are landing on local airport. You can check different routes... To fly to Belize City is usually more expensive, plus then you have to drive or take bus to Corozal.
I think it would be enough info for people to decide. As the questions arrive - I will be answering to my best ability.
Also this note: since I go there often - the time to go is flexible. I go there at least 3-4 times per year, so we can combine it with any of my trips.
IG

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Thats a great and very generous offer indeed!! Unfortunately the Arctic Courses are all booked around that time ,, but if we could re-schedule I'd be up for it.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Awright chaPs
I am up for this chance to actually get good weather whilst in a jungle
I can pick a choose times so guess if anyone else us interested I can always work around them maybe for a week of whatever the general concensus is
Anyway will be monitoring closely with you guys to see what happens all the best and again cheers Igor a real great invitation

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
There are no schedules yet. My comings and goings there has nothing to do with the trip we can plan based on everybody's availability.
Do not be discouraged, keep in mind and check for the developments on this thread.

IG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
You are right, if we can get about 10-12 people group, who are interested in-general in this trip - then we can figure out appropriate to everybody's schedule. I go there with some intervals of 3-4 months, sometimes earlier.
So, let's who and how many people are interested, first.

IG

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
I think we should appoint Paul as a "MASTER OF THE CEREMONIES". He is easer accessible by all of you guys. He can collect consensus about the trip, then we will select the appropriate interval of time to fly there.
Meantime I have few things to take care there. I also will be interested to hear from everybody the wishes for specific activities while there. I've been going there for at least 3 years, so I have the access to people and places. Besides my land ( 4 acres ) there are many things to see and visit. I can arrange fishing trips, barrier reef trips and more.

IG

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Yup, put the websters down for this (me,my wife & daughter). Feb, march sounds fine, but can probably be fairly flexible as long as we have a few months notice. Thanks for the offer Igor

JIM-BEAM

Oct 7, 2011
USA, Chicago
www.ceu-inc.com
Good, Paul Newman will be tracking everybody, who are interested. As soon we get some kind of quorum we can talk details...I will share everything I know and will answer any Questions may come up.
IG

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Looks like we've got a few provisional takers. At this stage it can be taken as read that because this is about 6 months off some drop-outs are almost inevitable. As Igor is flexible we should start thinking about when, and set a target date. I am thinking that school holidays could have some bearing on this if Katie, Talia and possibly Lucy are going. Looks like the school Easter holidays are the first two weeks in April. On the cons side, flights over Easter could be more expensive. So give it some thought, I'll start a cut'n'paste post for a show of hands.

At this stage this is not an 'organised' trip, you are travelling independantly and making your own arrangements. However if we find that 10 people want to go on the same day and for the same length of time we could get organised with travel and other logistics.

Paul

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
BELIZE JUNGLE TRIP - Show of hands (cut n paste)

'Yes Please' - Prefered travel date - Duration (weeks 1/2)

Ivan........................?..............................?
Katie.......................?..............................?
Savagewolfrm...........?..............................?
Paul Webster............?..............................?
Mrs Webster.............?..............................?
Talia.......................?..............................?

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Paul, Julie & Talia Webster April 2nd to 13th 2 weeks

PS. Looked at school term times for next year and there isn't a holiday in march, we'd have to coincide it with term holidays in April if we're all to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE