Introductions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hi All,

Bad time to introduce yourself when everyone is off to the moot but....

I'm Alan and I live in central scotland and apart from a little bit of family camping I'm a total noob but I suppose everyone has to start somewhere. I've been lurking for a while now as a guest and avidly reading the forums and blogs so I thought it's probably time for me to start contributing a little.

I've not been out into the woods yet, still collecting the kit but I'm nearly there, certainly for an overnighter so maybe sometime soon...

Cheers,

Alan

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello and welcome to BcUK :)
Don't fret too much on the right kit, shiny things are nice to have, but not necessary for this game. Half the fun is diy and some of the best craftsmen I know use the most basic of stuff.
There'll be Scottish meet ups soon, and you could always post a thread asking if anyone else is up for a wander in a suitable area.

cheers,
Toddy

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
will do, cheers guys

I'd definitely be up for as scottish moot, as for kit, very little of it is shiny, just the basics, something to sleep in, something to keep the rain off, something to eat from, shiniest thing I've bought recently is my frost clipper!

Thanks for the welcomes,

Alan

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
Welcome to BcUK, don't worry about the n00b part, i've never slept outdoors EVER, but i will soon, thanks to the inspirational people here, im learning wood craft, ive even made my own spoon :)

you should try it,

anyway, welcome, from another fellow n00b :)

Dan

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Spoon's on the 'to do' list, I've got a couple of big bits of holly in my garage, drying out and eventually they're going to get split and get a damn good carving!!

Weather's looking good for saturday night up here so I may pack a wee overnighter and get out there. Probably be a short walk in, set up camp, have a cup of tea and a biccie, try and sleep without thinking about grizzly bears, wake up obscenely early, another cup of tea and a biccie, break camp then home. Not sure of the location though probably one of the ones on my blog.

I'm quite happy to have a couple of cold and miserable nights before I get sorted, sort of makes it fun and you learn more by making mistakes. If I really get in a mess I can always walk back to the house!

Cheers,

Alan

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Welcome to the virtual moot Alan, theres more info on here than you shake a shi**y stick at. Join in and enjoy yourself and forget about being a :newbie: because you soon won't be!

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
will do, cheers guys

I'd definitely be up for as scottish moot, as for kit, very little of it is shiny, just the basics, something to sleep in, something to keep the rain off, something to eat from, shiniest thing I've bought recently is my frost clipper!

Thanks for the welcomes,

Alan

That is the right kit!!!! Ever thing else you carry in your head, your hands, and your heart.

A warm and toasty welcome:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE